Greenwood S.C. Rock House 1922

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took a trip down to Greenwood S.C. last week and a friend of mine took me out to this old Rock house. It's just off the side of the road in Greenwood. The old house is said to be build by Mr Tolbert in 1922 as it said Tolbert 1922 over the front door. The house is a two story with about eight rooms. Every room had a fire place. It is a real work of art. Sorry I didn't get a Picture but I had the ACE 250 in hand. The area has so much trash that I couldn't find a clean spot of dirt with out a trash signal. It seems the local high school kids use the old rock house as a party place to go out at night and scare the crap out of each other. The store that I heard most was the man that built the house had his family killed in a house fire. Wife and four kids so he rebuilt a new house made of all stone so it couldn't burn but it seems the wife and kids that were killed in the fire. Moved in and from then on everyone that moved in moved out or turned up dead. If anyone has any info on this old house I would love to hear about it. I will be going back to dig more trash and take a few pictures.

Thanks for any info

Kermit

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread