Silver Cob and Clay bowl

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
Managed to get a 'day off' from the wife so a friend and I checked our usual construction dirt piles for coins, relics, etc. After alot of tough digging I came up with what appears to a silver cut spanish cob that is heavily worn. We also found parts of a pretty interesting hand spun clay bowl that I'm unsure if it's Spanish or Indian.

Anyway, here's the pics.

coin1.JPG

pot1.JPG

pot2.JPG

pot3.JPG

Upvote 0

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrat on the cob! I am sure we would all like to see a close up of the cob. (Try the macro mode on the camera in bright sunlight...(It is the tulip icon).

WTG!!
Neil

OP
OP
pcolaboy

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
Ok I took a power nap and played around with the pics a bit. My camera's macro mode doesn't work well unless you are in direct sunlight but fortunately it's 6 mega pixels so resizing the image does help. Keep in mind that this thing is pretty worn and the reverse side has fewer markings that remain visible.

cob1.JPG cob1neg.JPG

cob2.JPG cob2neg.JPG

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no clue if its part of a cob but I have handled many cut coins & its surely doesn't fall into that bracket. The edges are far too rough, looks ripped apart, similar to coins I find in ploughed fields distroyed by heavy machiney.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread