2 for 2 on SILVER! Got three wheats too! 2009 is a great year so far!! :)

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Hey guys! This morning I woke up at 5:30am again to go hunt with JuJu in Tacoma. Like always, I drove 31 miles to Tacoma to hang with JuJu and Hunt. JuJu had a couple of spots planned out, but for the most part we had to ask permission for two out of three of the houses we hunted today. The first house was where JuJu had found the 1908 S barber Dime. Nothing but trash and clad that was left in the yard. I was getting tired of digging clad, but I kept my ambitions high because I wanted to end the day with one keeper. The second place we went to was a sidewalk strip near a house where an old lady was killed by her husband. This time we only got clad, but not much.

The third spot was a house we drove by, which turned out to be from the 1940's. I decided to call the owner to ask permission to metal detect the home. He said, "Yes." I was so surprised because not many people have said yes in Tacoma unless JuJu knows them. As many of you know JuJu dug the 1910 madallion, which was an awesome find to say the least!!! :) It was in really good condition too. I stayed on the upper part of the house, and dug only clad. Which I was dissapointed at, but I kept trying.

the Fourth spot which was the third house we hit was a 1950's era home. I called the guy and asked permission to hunt the house. After trying to make the guy understand what our intentions were, I finally handed the phone over to JuJu and he talked to the guy, and he finally said yes. I hunted around the front right side of the house and did not get much. I soon moved to the back of the house, and I was amazed that the first target from the back turned out to be 2 wheats. The dates were 1951 and 1956. I was really happy at this point! I kept on swinging and finally got a good dime signal. It was around 4 inches too! :) I was expecting a clad dime, but instead I got a Silver 1952 dime!!!! :thumbsup: So far, My pro coil has not failed me when it comes to silver!!! :) I am 2 for 2 on hunts when getting silver this year! :)

As, I was swinging in the front yard again, I watched JuJu and he then yelled at me to come over. JuJu had dug a silver coin!! He did not know what coin it was until he swept the dirt away. The 1962 Dime, came into light! :) JuJu was really happy to be able to get the silver Dime! My next target turned out to be a 1947 wheat. We thought about wrapping up since we were running out of targets. JuJu got 6 wheats and one silver dime. So in total, the 1950's home gave out two silver dimes, and 9 wheats. There was so much trash though, we did not want to stay there forever just picking through trash to get two more wheats.

I would say that this has been a great day! Next time I am going for 3 consecutive good coin hunts!!! :) May not get silver, but if I get one wheat it will be awesome! :) But spending Time with JuJu, is the best thing in the world! :)

Heres the pictures:

1950serahomesilver.jpg

1950serahomesilver2.jpg

january3rdsilver001.jpg

january3rdsilver003.jpg

january3rdsilver004.jpg

january3rdsilver005.jpg

january3rdsilver002.jpg

Upvote 0

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice hunt and nice of you to drive to Tacoma and hunt with juju when he should not be out detecting with tha sewed up finger :D At least you found some silver today, I got skunked on silver :-[

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Supper finds there DF. Looks like that new coil is paying off for you. But have one question? Did you do a "Happy Dance" today...... ;D Both you guys are killing me. Here I sit with the stupid flu bug and snow up to my knee caps with more tonight...not fair.

Attachments

• tn_27_jpg.jpg
    tn_27_jpg.jpg
    850 bytes · Views: 300
  • tn_27_jpg.jpg
    tn_27_jpg.jpg
    850 bytes · Views: 294

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great way to start the year off. :thumbsup:

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
DF, you're on a roll now!! :thumbsup:

Keep doing what you're doing, and don't change a thing!!

Congrats,
CAPTN SE
Dan

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Detectingfreak said:
:) But spending Time with JuJu, is the best thing in the world! :)
AAAhhh schucks. :tongue3: Had a great time. Congrats on the silver.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver and the wheats DF :thumbsup:
Keep on swinging and posting the silver finds.
Gold Nuggets :icon_jokercolor:

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I'm 2 for 2 this year also. I'll post soon. Congrats on getting permission from people and finding the stuff. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions