Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi gang,

Jeff and I hit the big field again today ( we don't have anyplace else to go) in Yellow Springs and I found a Alcoholic Annonymous coin just 10 feet from my van.

One the way to lunch I got a hit +86 VDI so maybe silver ring I thought. It turned out to be a Kennedy Half dollar - Centennial one. Not worth much but finding a half is unusual.

I also found a 1943D Wheatie.

I also go two pocket spills today of quarters: 3-each and two. The total find today paid for lunch at KFC.

Jeff found a kids ring last night at the ball field. (He has no computer)

Sorry took pictures at KFC and forgot to take the backsides. Sheesh, old people, you have to watch them all the time!

SKD

Today's Finds
100_0775.jpg

AA Medallion and Kennedy Half
100_0777.jpg

Upvote 0

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice you broke out of the "Cabin Fever" syndrome along with the holiday "Blues" ;D Glad you and Jeff got out :thumbsup:

The Master Chief

Jan 10, 2005
CA
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Equinox 800/Mine Lab Gold Monster 1000/ Mine Lab Pro Find 35/Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds and lunch? I'll drink to that!

Lookin

Feb 15, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's MXT; backup - BH Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe those AA coins are worth one free drink down at the corner bar! :icon_jokercolor:

I have a friend who used to pick up trash at a campground out in Wyoming. He said that once a year, an AA group would reserve the picnic site for a gathering. He said that after that event was when he would have the most trash to pick up of any other events all year. Yep, you guessed it. The trashcans were always full of beer cans!

Great finds! Thanks for sharing!

HH,

Lookin

duggap

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2007
Chattanooga, TN
Detector(s) used
Tosoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Roman I stands for one year of sobriety. Hope it just fell out of his pocket.

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
I love Terry's resourcefulness! I am sitting here laughing and told my wife about it... she says "No wonder you like Terry so well, he is just like you" LOL Good way to turn a cold day into a warm lunch......... Congrats my friend!

As for my computer problems yet again, we had an electric surge, and it fried my comp.... 2nd one this yr....... I got a brand new one... 22" lcd flat screen moniter and all.... problem is that all my other things(printer, scanner etc) are so old that they wont work with Windows Vista....... thusly I can not scan any of my find.... I do have a small gold item I found at a tot lot, a '37 Buffalo, the '23 Merc among other things to post when I finally get the capabilities.......

And as for having no other place to go, I wish I had to resort to heading back to the Big Field each day LOL Keep at it my friend.... way more there..... has to be......

Randy

OP
OP
SoreKneesDayton

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
minton7 said:
I love Terry's resourcefulness! I am sitting here laughing and told my wife about it... she says "No wonder you like Terry so well, he is just like you" LOL Good way to turn a cold day into a warm lunch......... Congrats my friend!

As for my computer problems yet again, we had an electric surge, and it fried my comp.... 2nd one this yr....... I got a brand new one... 22" lcd flat screen moniter and all.... problem is that all my other things(printer, scanner etc) are so old that they wont work with Windows Vista....... thusly I can not scan any of my find.... I do have a small gold item I found at a tot lot, a '37 Buffalo, the '23 Merc among other things to post when I finally get the capabilities.......

And as for having no other place to go, I wish I had to resort to heading back to the Big Field each day LOL Keep at it my friend.... way more there..... has to be......

Randy
Thanks for the kind words of encouragement Randy. Jeff thinks it is all over for the big field but he found a 1952 Rosy dime today...so!
SKD

OP
OP
SoreKneesDayton

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
duggap said:
The Roman I stands for one year of sobriety. Hope it just fell out of his pocket.
I hope so too. It is a terrible disease. I found it by where a lot of college kids hand out so who knows...
SKD

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, Glad you guys got out, Cabin Fever is hard to deal with. LOL I found one of those AA coins, mine
was about worn away on one side. The guy must have rubbed the heck out of it, for good luck I guess.

HH, Ringfinder

OP
OP
SoreKneesDayton

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goose-0 said:
"I also found a 1943-D Wheatie." Hmmmm. It sure looks like copper.
Yes, I thought so too but then went back and found a "1942" wheat cent. Arghhhhhh! I went through all the wheats I had this year because I forgot about the 43D copper vs steel issue. Thanks for reminding me. It got my blood pumping anyway. You might say it was a big Goose Egg...lol

SKD

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yellow Springs has an inordinate amount of alcoholics, good luck in tracking the owner down. Can't be anyone's here in Denver. No way.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
can i have my AA coin back....AA :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread