My first day of hunting was great!!!

T

tkfishing

I just had my very first day of metal detecting. My co-worker told me about the fun he had with his son metal detecting. So I purchased a White's MTX. i started of on a soccer field where I was trying to understand the controls when I got my first hit. It was a 1967 Quarter. OK, I'am hooked!!! As the day went on I found coin after coin. I found 7 quarters,6 dimes,and 12 pennies. I was getting ready to stop because my back was starting to hurt when I had a strong tone at 6"'s. I started digging and digging when I finally found a very small coin. I wiped the coin off and it said HALF DIME 1850. I couldn't beleive this. I just had to share my find. Thanks!! Troy

Upvote 0

northeast hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2005
NEW HAMPSHIRE
that's the best fist day i have seen someone have in awhile congrats..and you thought you where hooked after that quarter...that half must of relay got you hooked H H

Chicago Ron

Apr 12, 2005
In the Lake in Chicago
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, E-trac, Excaliber II, GPX-5000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice, congrats. Been hunting 22 years still dont have one of those.

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Fish

great finds

Kermit

M

mattjd

GoldFever said:
Very cool.? My first day was a good one to. It was along time ago. Took me years to beat. i was in a cornfield and I got a good hit. I was using a cheapo Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101. 79.99 at Walmart. I didnt want to buy an expensive one till I was sure I would like it. So anyway I get this hit for a .50 piece. I am thinking no way. Out pops a coin a little bigger than a quarter. I was really new at it so I wipe it off. I see a date 1825 Later found it was a Large Cent. Never even knew there was such a coin. I was hooked unfortunitly I set the bar so High it to so long to beat the age. The finally I found a 1731 George So know I dont know if I will ever beat that age. Congrates and good luck in the future. This is really the best sport there is. I like it so much I wrote a book about it and got it published.

Cool! What's your book called.

MattJD

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
1850 Half-Dime?!? Amazing! And your first time out, on top of that! Welcome to the family! Happy Hunting!

R

rvbvetter

WOW!!! Great find!! Keep after that soccer field. Just fill your holes in neat, so nobody throws a fit. And as you gain experience, no telling what you might find there.
Welcome to the fun and the forum. WTG!! HH

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
thats awesome!! they ought to put you in one of those whites commercials!!

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
Welcome and congrats. That is a fantastic first time find, and not an easy one due to its size. Just don't expect that every time. What you experienced was the detector Gods getting you addicted. They have funny ways about themselves. They give you something and then they let you go a while without anything, then they surprise you with a great day or two. You will get used to it. Congrats...Lance

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Congratulations on your finds!!!!!

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Thanks for sharing!

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ;)

OP
OP
T

tkfishing

I would like to thank everyone for their warm welcome!! As for the White's ad that would be a great idea. So please someone make that work for me. LOL Also your telling me I won't hit GOLD next week? Thanks!!! Troy

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
ill tell ya something funny tk.........just a week or so ago there was a thread up about that very same whites commercial and we all chimed in and said how unrealistic that ad is! i guess you proved us all wrong!!!LOL. seriously though that really is an astounding find! some people hunt for years and years and never find something with that history and collectability. nicely done!!

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tkfishing, That's a incredible beginning to a great hobby. Now you're hooked on dirt fishing. I hope this is the beginning of many more great finds.

Welcome aboard!

jt70

Apr 27, 2005
My Own World
Detector(s) used
DFX
That just blows me away!!! What a great first day!! You should send in your story to Whites with some pictures. They will definately use it on there website, they used one of mine and they even send you a gift certificate for some goods.

Congrats on the finds my friend, and be sure to keep us posted on your future adventures.

JT

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread