In the middle of the woods.

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While in S.C a week or so ago I was walking deep in the woods on my way back to the truck so I just put the old ACE 250 on

all metal and held the coil down as I walked. I went a mile or 2 with out a sound then I got a Little tone. I didn't have to dig deep

as I found that the area about the size of a car about 6 feet by 10 feet was covered with these little things. I have no ideal what

they are but I think they my be some type of saw teeth. I did see a few really old stumps in the area. The two 12 Ga shells came

from the same area and date back to around the 1920's.

thanks for looking

Kermit

Attachments

• tn_DSC018121.JPG
    tn_DSC018121.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 477
  • tn_DSC018111.JPG
    tn_DSC018111.JPG
    15.6 KB · Views: 465
Upvote 0

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no idea but never the less!

Attachments

• cool.jpg
    cool.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 455
  • cool.jpg
    cool.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 465

SugarSand

May 4, 2005
Iowa
Oh no!!!? Land shark teeth!!? I wonder who won, the shark or the guy with the shotgun?? ?;)

OK, on the serious side I did a search on vintage saws and some of them are huge, but didn't see any with teeth exactly like those. I think you're right though. Typically, wouldn't they just wear down and not break off, but maybe it was really rusty to start with.

OP
OP
kermit

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
comfyinvermont said:
Hey kermit, can you clean one up and post a picture,? Might help with ID...Lance

Working on it right now.................................

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
they look like some type of saw teeth to me.

PRAIRIEWOLF

Jun 26, 2005
MINNESOTA
They are replacable saw teeth from a large diameter circlesaw . They are the actual tooth that fits into a quartermoon shank that is forced into a collar in the saw propper . I have actual experience with these saws and that is what they are for sure .

g45_70

Mar 25, 2005
Kalispell, Montana
I think Prairie Wolf is right on the button, those are saw teeth. Must have been a portable saw mill set up there long ago. You may find more goodies if you make a grid search of that little clearing area! HH Gene

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i agree with g45-70,there may be some good stuff lost there by the workmen.probably worth a look see.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread