Clad Hunting with the boys.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hey all, Got home early this mourning from work to find my 2 boys awake. My wife leaves to go to work as I come in the door. It's very rare for them to be awake. So I decided to take them out for a hunt to a local park. I don't normally hunt newer spots but my spot I want to hunt right now takes concentration that you don't get when they come along.

The park is just right up the street from the house. I figured with gas prices and there behavior I wanted to stay close to home. Also I don't have my detecting car. The wife drives that to work. I have a 97 olds aurora for any car people out there who know the car. It is not a detecting car at all.

We had a good time and did better than I thought. I found 3 wheats. I think the park goes back to the late 50's early 60's. I was happy with the take for just 2 hrs of hunting. I found this cool disney character stamped onto a rolled penny.

Thanks for looking. I should have some old stuff to show for after this weekend. I need to get back to the spot were I found the barber quarter and the rest of the goodies I posted last week.

HH Jeremy

Attachments

• Clad Huntin edited.JPG
    Clad Huntin edited.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 258
Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you boys had a great time this mornin!

Congrats on you finds!

;)

DiggerDude101

Apr 19, 2005
Nice haul!!!!

Can you imagine the amount of wheaties that have been rolled through those type machines..... :(

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Relics.

Congrats

Jeff

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks everone. We had fun other than my son asking me for a pop tart the whole time. It was a decent little spot. I knew it would be. They watch fire works on this hill side every year. I was hoping for a gold ring or even a silver ring while I was there. To my surprise there was actually some wheats there.

There's alot of space left but I'm not into hunting for new stuff. I know of alot of good new spots. I just don't frequent them to often. Only when I can't find old stuff or I have my kids with me. But the clad I have been getting lately has been nice due to the gas prices.

Thanks again Jeremy

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
thats a pretty substantial pile for just two hours of hunting!! good stuff!!

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks guys. The dfx is a monster if there is alot of clad around. It's only about 6.00 bucks in clad. I pick and choose to dig quarters and dimes mainly. My machine hits quarters and all other coins really hard. I can find them very quickly because I am very skilled on the unit. Pinpointing is also extremely accurate on the machine.

Good Luck Jer

Joe88

Sep 10, 2004
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett GTA 550, &
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds!!
I recently found a rolled penny, too. Here is a pic.

Attachments

• 100_2169b.jpg
    100_2169b.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 139

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread