back 2 da fair grounds

Oct 2, 2008
HamburgAR
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Old Folks Knowledge
I had to go back to the fair grounds again today. I've been there for about my last 5 md excursions. The first time I found my first silver coin (a 1918 or 1919 merc) and 2 pieces of silver jewelry. Try as I might, I haven't pulled any more silver out of there. My last trip was slow for about 2.5 hours, but then I started hitting quarters pretty good and left with about 4.50 in clad. I was there for a little over an hour today and only found 1 quarter, 2 dimes, and 2 pennys. I'm not sure where my next trip will be yet, but I have a couple of spots that dantheman told me about that I have been wanting to get to. Maybe I can figure out where they are in the real world from a google earth image.
alright,
later,

Upvote 0
S

seger98

To bad she's going down hill on ya, ya never know, you just might pull one more silver out there!

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a good day and a fair amount of clad--Clad makes me Glad!

SKD

OP
OP

Oct 2, 2008
HamburgAR
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Old Folks Knowledge
The parking area is where I found all of the silver at. There are 3 lanes for parking, each one is the width of the fair grounds, and long enough to park two cars facing each other. each section is seperated by a dirt/gravel road, and there is a ditch in the middle where the cars would face each other. I found all of the silver in the parking area closest to where the rides and stuff are. I guess this area gets the greatest amount of traffic, and the farther out you go, the less people have to walk over the area to get to their cars.

Here is another picture of my silver finds.

Attachments

• merc 1.gif
    merc 1.gif
    200.5 KB · Views: 618
  • merc 1.gif
    merc 1.gif
    200.5 KB · Views: 602

kdismuke1

Silver Member
Jun 14, 2007
georgia
Detector(s) used
garrett 1500-ace 250-garrett ads groudhog deepseeker
NICE FINDS. JUST KEEP GOING BACK YOU WILL FIND MORE. :thumbsup:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds!!!!

Any way of finding out where the ticket booths and food consessions were? Or where the rides were. Unbelievable how much stuff gets dumped on rides like the hammer head etc.

You might not be slowing down, might be on the edge of a good hot spot. Your finds would be enough motivation for me!

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice to see some pics :icon_sunny: Glad you got out and I'm sure there is more there. The problem with fairgrounds is all of the trash hidding in the ground. I'm sure there are keepers there, you just have to find them :D

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice post and finds 96! How was the trash? That is something that really keeps me from detecting fair grounds, wear me out digging pull tabs and such, LOL. It is possible to just zoom in on quarter and dime signals and pick up some clad, trying to get the best of the site sounds tough, LOL! HH, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread