Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After weeks of complaining to my family about wanting to go detecting somewhere other than the back 40 my daughter called me this morning and said she was willing to give up her afternoon and go with me detecting. Wow! So off I go to get her. She had planned on taking me to the club house/boat launch but there was work going on there so we kept going. We ended up at the park where we have family reunions (some of you may remember it on one of my other post). Nobody there except one jogger. Perfect! Got out and started detecting. Five minutes later I could hear Shannon complaining.....I'm ready for lunch! So we pack everything back up, go the block over and have a nice lunch. With the tummy satisfied we head back. This is such a nice place and one would think it would be the perfect place to hunt....but.....The ground was so hard--no digging here! We go over to all the places that have gravel and push them around a bit and settle for scratching around like chickens. There were so many pull tabs and little bits of foil that to find a coin also meant that you found a pull tab right next to it! Every step the detectors went from one end of the scale to the other. But we did manage to get a few keepers and had a great time together. The weather could not have been more perfect nor could have the company. I had a great day! Thanks Shan! ;)

Nana ;)

Attachments

• 0908051.JPG
    0908051.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 460
  • 0908052.JPG
    0908052.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 459
Upvote 0

muddyknees

May 5, 2005
Holden Beach,North Carolina
Nanna ,LOOKS TO ME YOU HAD A GOOD DAY an no bullets. I was hunting a small park today and found five 25 cal. bullets in the kids play lot. makes you wonder who leaves this stuff out for small kids to play with.
muddyknees

cableman79

May 17, 2005
Mobile, Alabama
Nana,

Thanks for checking on me after the storm. As for your hunt; it sounds like you picked up the greatest treasure just before you started hunting.

My dog had pupps yesterday; if you know anyone that is interested in buying AKC registered Chocolate Lab puppies, let me know.

William

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks yall!

No....can you believe it! No bullets today! :D

And your welcome William! ;) And yes.....my daughter is a treasure to me!

If I already didn't have two dogs I'd take one! Love those labs! Very smart dogs!

;)

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a great day with your daughter. I usually find those nails in my tire after I leave the parking lot! JIM

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats NANA on an ALL AROUND GREAT DAY.

Jeff

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
WTG, Nana!!! Sorry the first site didn't work out, I hate it when that happens. Nice finds, detecting with your daughter, and lunch out too!!! Can't ask for a better day!

vicki

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Nana,

nice finds,

sounds like you had a good day, that's what it's all about.

have a good un.............
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

R

rusty nails

i think u did OK FINE - i found a yoo hoo chocolate drink cap - this summer - anyways - that same park will give it up this spring the ground will be soft , and diggable - believe me - ;) lbp

Shannon

Feb 25, 2005
Hey everybody! This is the daughter...make Nana tell you the quip of the day yesterday! ;D :D

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's great, good quality time and a few nice keepers! HH, Mike

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
nice finds you two! that necklace is interesting. what is it made up of?.........looks like small dice in the picture. ???

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No ...now Shannon.....zip the lip!!!!!! :D

:-*

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Shannon, thanks for getting Nana Banana off of that mountain. That was so nice of you. It sounds like you made her day.

I come off my mountain every once in a while, into the big city, and it makes me appreciate my "woods hunts" even more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread