one mans trash..............

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
one man's trash..............

About two weeks ago, on tuesday, I was putting some trash in our dumpster at work. I usually look into the dumpster before I throw anything in there. We have had some local wildlife (raccoons and stray cats) in there and they didn't like having trash dumped on them. The dumpster had been emptied on monday so it was pretty empty. I noticed in the one corner there was what looked like a handful of loose coins. I could see several newer looking pennies. I was looking for something to scoop them out with. After a quick search, I just decided to jump in. I scooped up all the loose change and moved some of the styrofoam and found a bunch more coins already in paper holders. I also found some other items which include: 1 boy scout match holder full of matches, a brass belt buckle with C.S.A. on it too bad it's a replica, a brass children's bracelet with the name MARIAN on it, a white necklace that looks to be polynesian of some sort, what looks like a stainless steel herringbone necklace, a small pewter mirror with a country scene and DENMARK on the back. Back to the coins: a couple greek coins,assorted coins from,great britain,france, canada, jamaica,china potugal,newfoundland,vatican city,haiti all in paper holders. The loose coins: 1 statue of liberty centennial,a dozen or so assorted arcade tokens, transit tokens from buffalo,connecticut,rochester,philadelphia,grand rapids,syracuse,indianapolis. About a dozen clad pennies and 1 indian head penny. The first three numbers are gone ,the fourth is a 0. I just bought a dgital camera, but unfortunately the usb cable supplied with it is the wrong one :( (thanks kodak)

Upvote 0

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Re: one man's trash..............

Wow thats like a "dumpster cache" :D Great finds! Maybe somone accidentaly threw them out?

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You had a really lucky day!!!!!

Congrats!

;)

D

Deadshot

Just goes to show that treasure is where you find it!! Way to keep an eye out!

Deadshot

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I forget to mention, my co-worker got just about as much. I could only carry so much. He got alot of the same coins I did.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

When I go out at daylight I notice that several kinds of human scavangers are out and about, especially on trash collection day. There are the homeless or bums as they are sometimes called who scavage for anything that will fit into a shopping cart. They take old food and clothing, etc. Then there are the dumpster divers I call them, guys and gals who are looking for aluminum cans, jumping into the dumpsters head first and collecting all the cans, barely looking at other things. Then there is the early garage sale people who look for furniture and fixtures. I see an occasional detectorist like myself who may hunt all around the outside of the dumpster and occasionally look in out of curiosity. Human nature being what it is, you can almost draw a distinct line of recognition of various sorts that are out and about at that time of day. Everyone else is headed for work and barely pays them any attention. Interesting. JIM

Mike in Fla.

Sep 4, 2005
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Minelab Quattro, Minelab Exp. II, Garrett Ace 250, GTXA 1000,

Sounds like a dream I have about finding coins laying all over, after I pick up one there just seems to be many more.
congrats on your finds.

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hopefully figured out this picture posting .

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Maybe not, I'll keep workin' on it

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe

WTG! It goes to show you that caches can be anywhere

GL & HH,

DugHoles

Gigisdiamonds

Mar 18, 2005
Kansas

Hey I think its awesome you mentioned how you found what you did! I have found lots of great things at lots of odd places...but on here you just don't think it is maybe what people want to hear. But I'm so glad you did! What a great suprise you had that day!

BTW is it normal to dream of finding stuff ? ;D Because I do have dreams where I'm just going around finding more then I can take of jewelry. Hey, Mike we should get a poll going on how many people dream the way we do! Of finding all this stuff! That would be fun to read about! How bout you starting it ? ??? ;D

HH
Gigi ;)

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d

I haven't been Dumster diving since I was a kid, but if that's what their throughing away these days I might just have to get back into it.. ;D
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Z

ZumbroKid

Lots of items are thrown out all the time. Sometimes the person doing it throws sometime they did not realize they threw. Sometimes when a person passes away their material stuff gets tossed. I've seen that before myself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread