Old Yard Artifacts

D

detector77

Here are some interresting finds from the same yard, all rings are iron, the large one is about 10 inches accross. The compact ( large one ) is made of brass, notice the intricate engraving on the face plate also still had calcified make up inside it, the smaller compact was in two pieces, also brass, may have been a set at one time, the door plate in single image is made of copper, and pretty heavy, nice scroll work on frame edge, the little tin is I believe an oil can, pretty small, maybe for sewing machine, the retractible spout still works, the door plate next to the rings is also iron, and definitely " hand made " notice the crude cut latch release slot, pretty nice find. The finds in this old yard are I believe far from being collected, I will post any additional interresting stuff for everyone to enjoy, just as soon as I get a metal detector, probably Tuesday my minelab will be here, enjoy the images.
detector77

Attachments

• rings.JPG
    rings.JPG
    8.9 KB · Views: 188
  • door plate.JPG
    door plate.JPG
    7.7 KB · Views: 188
  • compacts etc.JPG
    compacts etc.JPG
    8.8 KB · Views: 187
  • compact closup.JPG
    compact closup.JPG
    8.7 KB · Views: 187
Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

detector77

I resizes the images were too small.

Attachments

• resize1.JPG
    resize1.JPG
    16.6 KB · Views: 211
  • resize2.JPG
    resize2.JPG
    15.3 KB · Views: 219
  • resize3.JPG
    resize3.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 223
  • resize4.JPG
    resize4.JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 213

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other

nice group of artifacts. Will be interesting what you dig when the detector gets to you.

have a good un.............
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions