Good Day

K

Kim - PA

Hey everyone
Here are todays finds. I found the horseman & my friend found the half dime. I think the horseman was on a base at one time. If anyone has any idea as to how old it might be let me know. I think the half dime is in pretty good condition but I wouldn't know how to grade it, what do you all think? My friend also found a 1940 Merc & a 1943 quarter. Another guy that was with us found an 1831 Large cent & a small canon ball. Between the three of us we found 17 wheat pennies. So all & all not a bad day.
Kim - PA

Attachments

• Half Dime Back.jpg
    Half Dime Back.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 385
  • Half Dime Front.jpg
    Half Dime Front.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 376
  • Horseman 2.jpg
    Horseman 2.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 379
Upvote 0

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow ...except for the discoloration it could be AU condition. nice finds

Rick

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice finds there Kim. That is a 100.00 dime easily. Leave it black the way it is. You did a nice job of keeping the patins nice and even on the coin.

Congrats HH Jer

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
Kim, great finds. I believe your friends half dime is in Extreamly Fine (EF) condition. It would need to have some of the orignial luster to be classified as AU and I believe I can see a little wear on the high spots. A really really nice coin find. By the way, love the horse and rider...Congrats...Lance

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very good condition!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
COOL Horseman KIM ;

?I take it,
? ? ? ? ? ? ?it Is LEAD ?

? ?Would Be Hard to Date Unless it Has Markings, Which were Probably on the Bottom of the Base If it had one or on The Belly Of the Horse If NOT.

You can be Fairly Confident it's Pre 60's tho.

? ? ? ?CONGRATS !

? ? ? ? ? ? ?Jeff

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Terrific!! Must be a super area and there will be more there! Great coin and I believe the horseman is from 40's.WTG

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Kim, I looked this coins up in my red book and am amazed at how small they are. He has a really nice coin there. I like the horseman, too.

OP
OP
K

Kim - PA

Thanks everyone for your comments on the half dime my friend is very pleased to have found something in the ground for so long and sill be in such good condition, he has found a couple of walking liberty quarters that the dates are pretty worn so when he read the replies to my post he was very pleased.

Jeff I believe the horseman is lead, there is no markings on the bottom of the horse so it must have been on the stand which must be in another hole that I missed (ha ha). It was painted the pants were yellow/gold, the shirt was red and his gun was green. I don't know if the colors came thur on the pic.

Thanks again to all for the great replies, it makes a good day even better when you can share your finds with friends.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats you two!!! You did good!

;)

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW!
That half dime would make my year!

Mike in Fla.

Sep 4, 2005
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Minelab Quattro, Minelab Exp. II, Garrett Ace 250, GTXA 1000,
great finds Kim, that dime is in great shape. You don't find those in that kind of shape very often.
Congrats again.

R

rusty nails

i wish the cowboy horse i found was in that good of shape - great find ! - alls i found in my byard was 2 pennies , a cabinet id tag , and a fishing sinker - the sinker was wierd because the guy previous owner did not fish , i think somebody was practicing their casting and it flew off - about 4" down -
anyways nice finds .......... lbp

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread