Accidental foundations, a quick lunch hunt...

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back to some foundations I noticed just off the main street in a wood line on the army post where I have been driving by for nearly 23 years now. Only had about 45 minutes as this was a lunch hunt. I checked out the foundations, they are poured cement and don’t look like stone masonry and the foundations match the way most buildings were built here in the early 1930s when the German Army post was being built up. I thought it could have been an old house at first. Just the remnants of an original 1930ish building that was bombed in 1945 and dozed over. This is the front of the building seen from the street. There are two large tree stumps in front of the foundations that have probably hidden it.
21Jan09Found1.jpg

Back of the building foundations.
21Jan09FoundBack.jpg

I believe this to be the outside basement entrance. Many buildings have the same style. Probably a stairwell leading down to a door under the dirt about where I am standing. And I have to wonder if the basement is intact with a few Nazi war relics, LOL!
21Jan09Found2.jpg

Side of the foundations.
21Jan09FoundSide.jpg

I tried detecting the area, full of signals but mostly building debris. It has warmed up a little here and the soil was thawed about 2” then rock solid. I dug a hand full of trash, Budweiser beer can and this round aluminum piece about 1.25”/32mm in diameter. It was in the frozen soil but was a great signal so I chipped it out. No great finds but interesting and a cure for cabin fever, LOL. HH, Mike
21Jan09FoundFind.jpg

Upvote 0

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You need to more alert when you are driving :D Nice pics and story. Maybe you can still find something good around there. HH Ron

S

seger98

I agree with cooltune23, hit it again. That looks like a great location. And that's a mighty fine looking detector in the picture! :thumbsup:

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_king: I'm sure you'll find something good there when it warms up a bit. :thumbsup: GREAT pictures!

Nana :)

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ohh Budweiser beer ???.................gotta hunt there

Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like it has potential - could be where they hid the Amber Room :wink:

OP
OP
Bavaria Mike

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr. Peabody said:
This looks like a very hard place to detect because of sticks and trees yes ? Could you please tell me how you swing detector in such places as this ? ???
This area is not as bad as it looks but it is not easy swinging the detector in the conditions. A small coil would be better. HH, Mike

OP
OP
Bavaria Mike

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Harry_Morant said:
Looks like it has potential - could be where they hid the Amber Room :wink:
Hey Harry, I was thinking the amber room as well and almost posted that, LOL! HH, Mike

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Mike, you stay away from my Amber Room. Its mine, all mine. ;D Happy Hunting buddy!

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Mike thanks for sharing and HH
tinpan

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey mike! I have a spot that im convinced has been "detected out" that keeps drawing me back where I am amazed to always find something new! Like cjh sais, no site is ever detected out! cheers!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread