ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
yep been tough the last week or so --

about a week ago my 92 year old mother in law fell down busted her left arm and left hip --had to go to hospital get op.

then a few nights ago my wife fell and broke her leg just above the knee , she too had to go to the hospital and get an op.

while trying to assist my wife when she fell --I ripped my lower back muscles to bits. ( I'm in dire pain but at home) -- since some one has to keep the household running *

so 2 women currently in rehab -- me stuck at home -- no detecting for a long time it seems -- geez things suck right now . thank god for the internet or I'd go nuts.

Upvote 0

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
yep been tough the last week or so --

about a week ago my 92 year old mother in law fell down busted her left arm and left hip --had to go to hospital get op.

then a few nights ago my wife fell and broke her leg just above the knee , she too had to go to the hospital and get an op.

while trying to assist my wife when she fell --I ripped my lower back muscles to bits. ( I'm in dire pain but at home) -- since some one has to keep the household running *

so 2 women currently in rehab -- me stuck at home -- no detecting for a long time it seems -- geez things suck right now . thank god for the internet or I'd go nuts.

I am so sorry for your troubles Ivan. Come back and chat as that is all you can do now.

SKD

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Good heavens Ivan! Hang in there. Not that there is much of a bright side at the moment but.... research research research. You are good at that! Now you have a great opportunity to get a lot of it done. Hope things get better soon.

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
pleh --that light at the end of the tunnel is the headlight of an on coming train ! so run quickly --( oh by the way --its so much easier to step off to the side of the tracks and let the trian rumble by --then it is to try and out run it down the tracks :wink:) --- Ivan

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry to hear about that, Ivan. I feel on the ice a month ago and cut my left hand. Then, my son and his wifes house burny down last week. I have one more thing to go ::) Hang in there. It can only get better :icon_sunny:

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Hopefully you will mend quickly! sorry to hear of all the bad news Ivan.

detector de metales

Oct 12, 2006
Madison, Wisconsin
Ouch Ivan!
Hope everyone heals up soon!
Yeah we need you in here to give us all the insights to the areas.. I remember a few of your "History lessons"
Keep your chin up man..
What is it with this winter.. I too fell.. Better now.. but ouch!

Good Luck

J2

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear it. I've been seeing and hearing too many similar stories. Sometimes you just sit there and wonder why? Hope things turn around for everyone.

Suckerpunched

Nov 15, 2008
Ogden, Utah
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax
When it rains....it pours........... :( hang in there Ivan, things have a way of working out.,,,,Keep your back rested and mind busy......

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep your chin up and hope for the best! That's all we can do.

This too shall pass.

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, at least you'll have some good drugs...j/k. Sorry to hear of your troubles, especially happening all at once. Prayers on the way.

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
ya ivan do some research for some future hunts and the luck will turn a 180 and you will be all set up for that dream hunt whatever that might be for you. weres theres downs there will be ups. you can do it. willy.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prayers go out to your ladies for a good and speedy recovery and homecomming soon! Inernet does help a lot of ills! I know its comming my oldest grandson as soon as school gets out is going to have a leg lengthing operation!

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bummer to hear all that bad stuff happening! So is hunting that island you wrote about a dead issue or is there still a chance? HH and hopw get well soon, Mike

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Here's one from digs of old for you! Get better soon!

Attachments

• 41508 jewelry.jpg
    41508 jewelry.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 240
  • 41508 jewelry.jpg
    41508 jewelry.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 249

lakillian

Dec 29, 2006
Winfield, WV
Detector(s) used
Exp II, Prism V, Ace 250
Ivan,

I hope you and your family will have no problem resting and healing quickly. Sometimes, doing that is one of the hardest to do.

You probably don't remember me, but I was the Lori that came to a couple meetings at Piccadilly. We have moved now but I still get newsletters. Would you tell S that I am no longer living in FL and he can stop sending me the newsletters? That is when you can go back to the meetings. Congrats on making Historian!!!

Lori

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread