Constantly Looking at the Ground.........

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many of you find yourself constantly looking at the ground? ???

I am always looking down....sometimes I feel like I am missing out on what is happening around me, but..... when I look up I might
miss out on something good! :D Glad I was paying attention today! Went out for breakfast this morning. On my way back to the car I spotted a ring! Says it's 10K....not very long ago....I found a silver one....says its 925.....

Love it when that happens! ;D

Nana ;)

Attachments

• rings.JPG
    rings.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 715
Upvote 0

Mike in Fla.

Sep 4, 2005
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Minelab Quattro, Minelab Exp. II, Garrett Ace 250, GTXA 1000,
hey Nana, you're just as abnormal as the rest of us. I am always looking around to see what's been left behind, and just like willieD, I've been know to get out of my car to fetch a coin at a stop light. It embarrasses my wife to no end. These items are of the most recent things I have found in parking lots. A ladies Bulova watch, a heavy silver ring with a red stone in it and today I found a babies cross. I've always been told to keep my head up, but it has nothing to do with self esteem. ha ha

Mike

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
Me personally, I'm always looking at the ground for coins as well. I've even passed by "folding money", cuz I'm so fixed on finding coins.... ;) ?I actually put "visually found" coins in a sepatate container.

Some would see all of us looking down as a sign of sadness and depression.. :D which, personally, I'm definately none of those things. I mean read my signature, I love life........ ;)

GL & HH,

Dugholes

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Between looking at the ground and rubbernecking old houses its a wonder I ever get to where I was going.

Ed Donovan

R

rusty nails

i found a 20$ bill at a trappers convention once and a 10$ at a dept store - all looking down -
its all good ! ;D lbp

WeaponsUSMC

Jul 26, 2005
Findlay Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
I've found an aniversery ring while getting toasted in a nightclub, it had alot of diamond chips in it (all the way around) after nobody claimed it it sat on my entertainment center and I ended up giving it to my mother for a mothers day gift. and about 3 weeks ago while at the beach I had found 52 cents MD'ing and my wife was walking about 3 foot to the side of me and behind me when she found a gold hoop earring. And by the way, I do pick up every penny I find on the ground while walking.

SugarSand

May 4, 2005
Iowa
OK, I have to reply. Today a co-worker pulled a paper from his pocket while talking to me and a few coins flew from his pocket, I told him about it and he said it was just a penny, and picked it up and left. When I got up from my desk there was a shiny dime there too! I put in my pocket.... ;D I'm always noticing metal things on the ground!

Andee

Sep 12, 2005
Clarence, NY
I have a very bad habit of looking down when I walk, so much that it's almost affected my posture (whoops) lol..Hey..at least I find a lot of money this way.

northeast hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2005
NEW HAMPSHIRE
it dose pay to look down..when i was walking out of a tack shop on a bad leg a few weeks ago i found these..all foreign but ill take it...not the wheat that i got in change..first steel penny i have ever got in change

Attachments

• findss.jpg
    findss.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 411
  • findss.jpg
    findss.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 426

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm always looking down and around. Always looking for a site to detect and taking notes! Glad it just isn't me doing it. HH, Mike

R

rusty nails

i work with a bunch of young dudes who dont think anything of tossing a whole pocket of pennies , dimes etc into the parking lot - i find them all the time - its amazing - the actual clad count has to be be dead even or above - as compared to md'ing - ::) allot easier too !

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow you all!

Thanks for taking the time to post!

Love the stories!

Nana ;)

rabajohn

Aug 10, 2005
Woodlawn, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 & ole Tesoro Silver Sabre
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've got a buddy who is always finding things on the ground! We went on vacation one time with our wives to Carlsbad Caverns in New Mexico and in the parking lot he finds a thick, heavy gold necklace (that I had just walked over) lying behind our vehicle. I visited him one day in Houston, Texas and we went out and walked his dog around the neighborhood and he just nonchalantly bends over and picks up a crisp $100 dollar bill. He would'nt half it with me but I did find a penny later on and I did'nt half it with him! I will NEVER talk him into getting a metal detector nor take him with me on my hunts. He'd probably find more on the ground than I would find with my detector.

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey RT....maybe that little extra cash is the start of a payback,that you deserve, for being such a great guy! ;D

And..........raba..........you're right.....better not get that friend involved in detecting! He might take all your good finds! :D

Nana ;)

R

rixdfx

i even have my kids looking on the ground now.. ;D....just the other day my 10 yr old daughter brings a 10k golden cross to me that she found on the sidewalk...i am always watching the ground..have found a few dollars here and there.....

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Nana on finding the rings ! I also check the ground a lot when I'm outside walking. I found a $20.00 bill one time in a grocery store parking lot. Another good place I find dropped money is at the local convenience store at the base of the counter where you stand to pay. I think people just don't bother to pick it up. But I do.

Huntin' 59er

lonesomebob

Jul 14, 2005
Napoleon MI 49201
Detector(s) used
Garrett
:oI was walking the dog and looking for beer cans, Abox in the ditch turned out to be a case of OLD FOFORESTER.Always look at chain link fences in the spring after the snow goes out.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI Nana Gal: years on the trail of Tayopa looking for mineral signs , as well as man made ones, plus detecting have me almost permanently scanning the ground. YOU ARE RIGHT ON GAL!!

Jose de La Mancha ( I tilt windmills )

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread