Constantly Looking at the Ground.........

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many of you find yourself constantly looking at the ground? ???

I am always looking down....sometimes I feel like I am missing out on what is happening around me, but..... when I look up I might
miss out on something good! :D Glad I was paying attention today! Went out for breakfast this morning. On my way back to the car I spotted a ring! Says it's 10K....not very long ago....I found a silver one....says its 925.....

Love it when that happens! ;D

Nana ;)

Attachments

• rings.JPG
    rings.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 715
Upvote 0

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I walk into so many things while I'm staring at the ground, it's ridiculous. I spied a .925 toe ring near a vending machine yesterday. Sitting at home in the finds box now! ;D

jackie blue

Dec 4, 2003
NC
I always have my eye on the ground, especially in parking lots. Last year I found a beautiful gold bracelet in the parking lot away from where I normally park. I broadcasted an email reporting the find but no one ever replied. About 4 weeks later my boss commented in passing that she really missed one of her bracelets and I said "you mean like this one?" and flashed it in front of her. Turns out it really was her bracelet (and very expensive) but just didn't see the email.

Needless to say, I gave it back *sigh* and I see it nearly every day.

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
You got some good kharma points on that one Jackie! You could have kept your mouth shut and kept it. Good for you!! Honesty always wins out.

vicki

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Never find gold or silver on the ground but osmetmes junk jewelry and at thee streets near the beach an occasional unfired firework ;D

Detecting Fool

Jan 9, 2005
Stillwater, NY - Home of the Battle of Saratoga
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore starting June 2023
Minelab Equinox 800
Prior to 2020 - Whites VX3, XLT, Spectrum XLT, 6000di and 1DB
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As the son of a coin collector, and getting started so young in the coin collecting hobby, I grew up always looking at the ground wherever I happened to be. ?In fact, I used to work for an company that did building inspections for various insurance companys, and it was the worst job I ever had, because the first thing you were taught was to "no matter what, look up." ?That was a major conflict of interest for the previous (at that time) 21 years of "no matter what, look down" philosophy I was raised on. ?Needless to say, the look down philosophy has worked really well for me over the years. ?Some finds I have found just looking down include a 1913 Buffalo nickle laying right on top of a steambank I was mowing along, countless wheat cents, a gold ankle bracelet with a dolphin charm, a gold and pearl earring found last weekend walking back to the car, after the fair, and my wife's silver necklace that broke and fell off, this past weekend, while putting my metal detector in the car to head. ?She did not even realize she lost it yet. ?This does not include that clad change and dollar bills I have found also, just looking down.

Anthony

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Rings NANA.

Congrats !

jeff

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Boy those are nice Nana. You got treasure fever. We all do it. I find myself examining everything. I make alot of finds also looking at the ground.

I just take it as it comes.

HH Jer

da Hobo

May 6, 2005
Northern Illinois
Really nice ring Nana!! Now I've fallen into a deep depression. :'( No rings so far but maybe tomorrow. First I have to get some of my "writing" done. ;D lol

Hobo

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nana,
Great rings

Kermit

Don In South Jersey

Sep 3, 2005
Southern NJ
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Pro-Find
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I notice I do that alot, it pays off, I found 4 $1 dollar bills a few months ago on the ground in the parking lot of a wawa(local mini mart). I saw people walk right over it.

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Once i found a $20 and $5 rolled together and folded on the ground at a flea market, ended up losing the 5 dollars somehow though ::)

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm always scanning the ground. It doesn't matter if I'm sitting at a red light or walking through a parking lot. My co-worker thinks it's hilarious when I jump out of the work truck at a light to retrieve a penny. I was at park a year and a half ago with my daughter when I found a men's gold wedding band on the playground. I checked with the park office to see if anyone reported losing a ring. I got the guy's name and number. I checked the white pages for his address and returned it the next day on the way home from work. I use that incident in my letters that I send to property owners when seeking permission to hunt.

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:D OK...Just checking to make sure that I'm not the only one that does this! :D

Guess I'm about as normal as the rest of you!

;D

Thanks for sharing!!!

;)

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Nana....Im a looker, always have been.I was barefoot alot as a kid and didnt want to step on nuthin...LOL.
But seriously, I have found things in plain view where hundreds of people have walked by without notice.I see landmarks from the road, critters out in the fields, birds in the sky, and bugs on the sidewalk and the thing I notice the most is how many people dont notice anything at all.Id say that makes us a pretty special lot.Hell , if more people were conciously aware of what was outside of thier zone...there would probably be less treasures on the ground , less crime on the streets and less terrorist activity right under our noses!..Who knows??....anyway, great finds on the rings....H.H> .....JO

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread