cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Teknetics T2 Ltd, GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ok went down to the OBX to try and find some places to go CW hunting funny right yea I know, We ended up going to Fort. Bartow and asking permission and actually got granted, but only found a frag. Then we left and went to another well known area but there was no one home to ask, so instead of just packing up and going 2 hours back home adam told me about a couple of antique stores in kitty hawk that have some coins and what not one called the southern soldier. So this is what I found Got a WWII 90mm Armor Piercing round paid $49 bucks for it, anyone know what it is worth and no dont say $49 bucks ::) Then I found a 1822 PCGS Capped Bust half extremely toned and come to find out it is a Overton number with a possible miss grade by PCGS with a die crack on the obverse I talked the lady down $65 bucks ;D Then I found some victorian age clay pipesand only paid 12 bucks for them whata yall think, think I got a good deal or did I get stuck? Anyways thanks for lookin

HH
CW

Attachments

• todays finds 001.JPG
    todays finds 001.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 951
  • todays finds 002.JPG
    todays finds 002.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 942
  • todays finds 003.JPG
    todays finds 003.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 949
  • todays finds 004.JPG
    todays finds 004.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 943
  • prism 2 004.JPG
    prism 2 004.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 935
  • bust crack 002.JPG
    bust crack 002.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 930
  • bust crack 003.JPG
    bust crack 003.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 936
Upvote 0

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure love that capped bust I think you did OK on that....Matt

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
ya that capped bust i see it aT 100.00 WITH THE OVER DATE in g4 in coin values magazine. nice willy.

BOOTY HUNTER

Greenie
Jan 21, 2009
East Kansas
Detector(s) used
Vintage Whites Detector
cwdigger said:
Ok went down to the OBX to try and find some places to go CW hunting funny right yea I know, We ended up going to Fort. Bartow and asking permission and actually got granted, but only found a frag. Then we left and went to another well known area but there was no one home to ask, so instead of just packing up and going 2 hours back home adam told me about a couple of antique stores in kitty hawk that have some coins and what not one called the southern soldier. So this is what I found Got a WWII 90mm Armor Piercing round paid $49 bucks for it, anyone know what it is worth and no dont say $49 bucks ::) Then I found a 1822 PCGS Capped Bust half extremely toned and come to find out it is a Overton number with a possible miss grade by PCGS with a die crack on the obverse I talked the lady down $65 bucks ;D Then I found some victorian age clay pipesand only paid 12 bucks for them whata yall think, think I got a good deal or did I get stuck? Anyways thanks for lookin

HH
CW
Great finds and I love the pipes, I think you got some good deals.
Jim

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a good deal to me, I'll have to start looking at pawn and antique shops again. LOL

HH,Ringfinder

OP
OP
cwdigger

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Teknetics T2 Ltd, GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Appreciate it guys and gals come to find out my bust half is an overton. haha who would have thought

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread