The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to Memorial Park again today with Steve (ssehunter aka "Story Teller"). We hadn't gotten many signals at all when he comes through the woods and wants me to check a target he had found, then lost. We get over there and I can't find it. We look some more and about 6' from the hole I get a signal...we look and we both think it's a penny. He rubs off a little dirt and it's a 1909 Barber Dime. We freaked and ^5'd...it's a good day when you find silver at Memorial. Steve had flipped out the target when digging the hole.

jan09_23.jpg

A while later I did almost as well by finding a 1916S Merc (yeah, I know, too bad it's not a D :'( ). Didn't get a shot in situ, but I did when I found this Collar Disk from the WWI 33rd Division from Illinois that was stationed at Camp Logan in Houston. This is the same Division as that of the owner of the dog tag I found the other day.

jan09_24.jpg

After the hunt pic...Steve's three finds are on the bottom...not sure if his pennies are wheats or not...I think one of them is.

jan09_25.jpg

The wheats are 1917 and 191?. The wierd-shaped thingy is a manufacturers plate that was attached to something...Ingersoll something or other.

jan09_26.jpg

jan09_27.jpg

jan09_28.jpg

jan09_29.jpg

jan09_30.jpg

HH!
TBGO

Upvote 0
S

seger98

Nice barber & merc, the button is real neat too. You had a nice day out!

Chris

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
i bet ya that part is from a ingersol pocket watch. they were called dollar watches i know because i found one this year. willy.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds BGO. :thumbsup:
Congrats,
MM

OP
OP
The Beep Goes On

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for your comments!

I believe you are correct Willy concerning the Dollar Watch...I'm surprised all of us haven't found one like you since they made so many.

HH!
TBGO

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds always great to find silver....Matt

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Awsome finds!!! Congrats!!! :thumbsup:

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Hey Beep!!
Congrats again.
I have several of those watch parts from there- and watches - thought you knew what it was.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread