Miss halfdime earns her keep at the laundromat

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
The kids were off school today and we plan some ice skating for the afternoon. Work comes first, however, so this morning we went to the laundromat to wash and dry a comforter and some sleeping bags; they don't do well in our top loader at home ::). Knowing that Miss halfdime would want to dive, I encouraged her to take a small stick along. Fathers should be supportive of their child's passions, don't you think (as long as they're not destructive)? For those of you who are unfamiliar with diving, it's essentially looking for money wherever you can find it: under vending machines, in Coinstar and, today, at the laundromat. As I worked with the laundry, Miss halfdime was singing out her finds: "Quarter!" "Dime!" "Penny." You get the idea. At one point, we did a tally and she had $2.50 in clad and about 20 pennies. In her kindness, she gives the pennies to Junior halfdime. I got the laundry into the dryer and had some time to kill so I aided Miss halfdime in her efforts. I was able to get the stick further under the dryers and had the strength to push through the lint and other debris to get the goodies. Pretty soon, there were more of them, a lot more. For some reason, I thought there was a good chance to find some paper and I was right. Out popped this folded up piece with Alexander Hamilton on the front! Of course Missy claimed it, or tried to, but that's a battle she wasn't going to win ;D. When we went in, I put a ten in the change machine and used every last quarter; the ten I found under the dryer was merely a rebate! Also found was this lovely little snake, which reminded me of another one I encountered during a hunt with DrDetector. I nearly forgot to mention that Miss halfdime finished the morning with $4.60 and gave her bro $.28 in pennies. She'll do some more diving later at the Ice Arena!

Attachments

• laundromat (Small).jpg
    laundromat (Small).jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 730
Upvote 0
S

seger98

Sounds like a good place to send the kids when they want spending money!! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Another thing I forgot to mention in the post: at one point, laying flat on the floor, she announced, "I at least want to find a Merc." I had to laugh; she's probably heard me say that dozens of times.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was a nice little haul. Don't laugh one time I found a silver Rosie at the laundromat...Matt

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
mlayers said:
That was a nice little haul. Don't laugh one time I found a silver Rosie at the laundromat...Matt
She found her first Merc under a lottery machine. :wink:

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Story, It reminded me of a time when I was at work. A fellow who always checked in and under
all the vending machines came into the break area. I saw him coming and told the guys watch this. I got
down and started looking under a machine, he walked in and ask me what I was looking for. I told him I dropped a quarter and it went under the vending machine. He took over, looked and looked, he even moved
all the vending machines looking for a quarter that wasn't there. We all got a good laugh out of that one. I finally told him I hadn't dropped a coin, so I just gave him one for all his trouble. Every time I would see him I would say Quarter, Quarter. LOL

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son does the same thing. He isn't patient enough to use a detector, but can spot a coin on the ground better than anyone I know! He is constantly looking under soda machines, which is a little embarrassing, especially at church! I figure that one day he will take up detecting because he loves the idea of "free" money. ;D

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
As the day progressed, she had mild success at both Pizza Hut and the Ice Arena, but nothing to match the laundromat.

kdismuke1

Silver Member
Jun 14, 2007
georgia
Detector(s) used
garrett 1500-ace 250-garrett ads groudhog deepseeker
super story,never know what you will read here at t-net. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
kimsdad said:
Great story!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Is she old enough to swing a coil yet? Sounds like she has a lot of potential! ;D :wink:
She swings a bat pretty well, but they're less expensive than a detector!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread