My Brothers Finds...

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
These are not from today(too cold)
The first and second is from our C.W. site..(see best finds pre/post Civil War Camp)
DSC00398.JPG
DSC00396.JPG
These pics are of a button we found near Fort Crowder...unsure if that is what is meant by the U.S.F.C....someone said United States Fishing Commision, which would make sense too, being found a couple of miles from and old fish hatchery.
DSC00387.JPG
DSC00388.JPG
DSC00393.JPG
Any ideas on this one?

Upvote 0

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Nice LC....Not sure on the buttons....Congrats... :thumbsup: jgas

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Albert's button book lists the "USFC" as a U. S. Fish Commission button. The earliest possible date for it would be 1871, when the commission was established.

It's an uncommon and fairly valuable button. Bob Edmondson had a couple in one of his recent lists, priced at $80 each.

OP
OP
lairmo

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
PBK said:
Albert's button book lists the "USFC" as a U. S. Fish Commission button. The earliest possible date for it would be 1871, when the commission was established.

It's an uncommon and fairly valuable button. Bob Edmondson had a couple in one of his recent lists, priced at $80 each.

Thanks PBK...The back says ' OEHMS ACMEHALL BALTIMORE'..you wouldn't happen to have a link for one of those lists would you?...thanks again

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
lairmo said:
Thanks PBK...The back says ' OEHMS ACMEHALL BALTIMORE'..you wouldn't happen to have a link for one of those lists would you?...thanks again

Sorry, Bob's buttons lists are available in print copies only; no link available.

Oehm's Acme Hall Clothing House was a branch of Charles H. Oehm & Son, Baltimore, MD. I believe this backmark dates from the mid 1880's. The firm seems to have been liquidated in 1911.

Oehm backmarks also appear on some postwar eagle buttons, and on at least one variety of postwar Virginia state seal button.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In terms of buttons, that's a Nice Catch. ;D

OP