Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, this is my first post~~~I usually just read about everyone else's finds but my daughter Josie and I had the opportunity to do some metal detecting around an old homestead(cellar hole, well and foundation) and we found some pretty good stuff. My husband found this place for us back in the fall when he was deer hunting and the weather was GREAT last week so we went and dug a little!

We started by the old cellar and found a small enamel speckled bowl, 2 marbles(Benington and a white one), a piece of a comb that says "Goodyear 1851", a bell, a brass knob, a part of a Calvary(?) brass spur, a lid with "Brown News Co., Price Fifteen Cts.", another lid with "The Zona Face Pomade" on it(both are aluminum), a locket, part of a pocket watch(Ingersol), pocket knife(no name but does have a shield emblem), a token for "Crystal White Laundry Soap", a tiny bottle(1 1/2"), and lots of harmonica reeds and a whole harmonica(has some writting and a raised "A"), a cow bell, lantern parts(No. 3 Artic), spoons and a butter knife, lots of shotgun shells(10 & 12 gauge-Star brand and Winchester) and rifle casings.

The best thing I found was an 1852 Liberty one cent! It is holed but is still my oldest coin to date and I am thrilled with it--Oklahoma didn't even become a state until 1907!! so this is a very unusual find for my area! I also found a part of a brass pistol! It has some numbers by the trigger guard---124414---could these be a serial number? We also found some pieces of an old storage crock from the Coffeyville Pottery and Clay---Coffeyville Kansas. This was dug up in an old trash pit and we are going to try to find the rest and put it back together! There were lots and lots of misc. pieces of IRON and I think parts of an old sickle mower---we probably dug a 100 blades for this thing! We haven't even scratched the surface on this place and are planning on going back when the weather clears(we are in the middle of an ice storm right now!).

Anyway, here's some pictures and thanks for looking! Any info on this stuff would be greatly appreciated! Carmon(sandcreek4)

Attachments

• P1040761.JPG
    P1040761.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 799
  • P1040881.JPG
    P1040881.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 778
  • P1040864.JPG
    P1040864.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 775
  • P1040860.JPG
    P1040860.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 790
  • P1040849.JPG
    P1040849.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 791
  • P1040847.JPG
    P1040847.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 788
  • P1040765.JPG
    P1040765.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 790
Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from the UK, looks like you done well :thumbsup:

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Wow! Looks like you really found a great spot! Congrats on all the great finds! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Holed coins have much more character than those that aren't, if you ask me! (as long as it isn't a key date coin)

Those relics are great. I especially like the old flatware. :thumbsup:

S

seger98

Welcome to Treasure net, You have some real nice relics there, thanks for posting & I hope to see more of your finds!

Chris

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs. Looks like you found the brass from a colt?

Brian

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you have a place that has never been detected......i believe that you will have many more good finds from this site... In all my years of detecting I have never found a large cent...congrats and thanks for sharing....Steve

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
That pile of stuff looks exactly like my piles from detecting over here in SW MO!!!! I have a small bottle exactly like that (somewhere)....keep posting and HH!!!

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the comments and welcomes--The coin does look like it has been holed recently but that maybe from me putting some olive oil on it to bring out the details for the picture. I also cleaned the coin with some peroxide--I hope I didn't mess it up! I kinda wonder if it wasn't on the chain with the laundry token because they were found really close together. Brian--you said it looks like the brass from a colt?--is there a way to research the numbers on the gun? Carmon

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice batch of finds.

That's a great early site for you. You look to be the first to ever hunt it also. I love them old untouched cellar holes. There is alot of them here in Pa. But they take alot of foot work to find. I bet you'll find more there.

HH Jer

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
Great group of finds! Really like the trigger guard....Looks to be from an old Colt...Is there anything stamped on the left side by the back screw hole, like a Caliber stamp? I found one similar to it on New Years...
HH
Baggins

Attachments

• Colt serial # 001.JPG
    Colt serial # 001.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 634
  • 44 CAL.JPG
    44 CAL.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 632
  • Colt serial # 001.JPG
    Colt serial # 001.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 637

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Those old cellar holes have some nice old treasure around them; sometimes, even coins. Congrats on a nice large!

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Baggins said:
Great group of finds! Really like the trigger guard....Looks to be from an old Colt...Is there anything stamped on the left side by the back screw hole, like a Caliber stamp? I found one similar to it on New Years...
HH
Baggins
Hi Baggins--The gun doesn't have anymore numbers(that I can find) except for the ones by the trigger guard and the gun is really small-5 3/4" tip to tip. I wonder if the other numbers were on the barrel? I checked the hole I dug it from and there weren't any other pieces. Carmon

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
You can go to www.proofhouse.com and check the number on your trigger guard against their serial numbers...
Good luck,
Baggins

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
nice finds! looks like ya found a great spot. the ingersol pocketwatch they used to call them dollar watches. i know because i found one this year. willy.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Peroxide is a good way to clean old copper coins. It will work as long as you use peroxide before any sort of oil.

Great finds! The LC and the trigger guard are Top Notch!

Welcome to the Forum :thumbsup:

Golden1

Bronze Member
May 2, 2008
Pittsfield ma
Detector(s) used
Whites PRIZM IV,Whites M-6
Welcome to T-net! Your finds are awesome :thumbsup:Looking foward to seeing more of your posts ;D

G1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions