Unhunted park finds

rasrandy

Mar 3, 2005
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Been working this park off and on through the summer and here are some things ive found so far.69 canadian nickel,5 silver rings,lots of keys, copper butterfly bracelet,fake 18k rolex watch band,short crimped 22,rival dog food tag-no year,american flag tie pin,50 centavos,1983 french nickel,new roc fun house party token and a helluva lot of clad! This is the same place i found a 1962 high school ring this spring,tracked down the owner in south dakota and he got his ring back after losing it only two months after getting it. Have a good one.

Attachments

• DSC00423.JPG
    DSC00423.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 692
Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wowzers!!! You been really busy!!!!

Congrats on your nice finds!!!

;)

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are doing everything detecting is about, nice finds and great that you tracked down the owner of the class ring! I lost my class ring about 3 days after I got it, I know where and had the opportunity to hunt for it just a few weeks ago, I live in Germany, the ring is in Ohio. Didn't find the ring as the area is very overgrown now. HH, Mike

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
W T G ! Sounds like your park is a great hunt site. Keep up the good work !

Huntin' 59er

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Nice finds.

I do have a recommendation for you. There is a website called Forgotten NY, it has some listings for old parks and other sites that you might want to go detect. It will take some digging on that site, but man, I found some PRIME locations when I was planning on visiting. Shame I never made it up there.

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
Hey WTG, let us know if you need help hunting that park...... ;)

GL & HH,

DugHoles

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Great digs, WTG!!!
Love that little gold colored key, very cool...
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
rasrandy said:
CRYPTODAVE
? ? ? ? ? ? ?Thanks for that web site,I will check it out.

No problem. I found that site a couple of years back. My wifes family lives in Patchauq (sp?) Long Island, and I was looking for a few good sites to detect. It has a ton of content, and a lot of places that used to be big stomping grounds in the old days, but are not visited much today. I was excited about going up there, but when we got there it was freezing cold and rained almost the entire time, so I never made it out. Good luck with the hunts, and let me know if you find anything at any of those sites.

popcorn

Jun 18, 2005
really nice of you to go through the trouble of finding the owner and returnig it to him. I personally would not bother with it. Congrats on the find

OP
OP
rasrandy

rasrandy

Mar 3, 2005
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Crypto
? ?Patchogue is about 15 miles from me,thats where i picked up my md.If youre out here in the future maybe we can team up.HH

OP
OP
rasrandy

rasrandy

Mar 3, 2005
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
popcorn,
Wasnt much trouble at all with the initials and a local H.S. Did a small amount of searching the internet.But he was definately shocked when i called him 40 yrs. after he lost it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread