First Merc :) Thanks for the tour Dekalb33!

Visionquest

Aug 2, 2005
Well, I had a wonderful time visiting Edd (Dekalb33) on my way back from MI. After repairing a computer or two, we spent some time out at one of his local hunting grounds, a very large old park. We were talking and I mentioned I hadn't found a merc yet, about 20 minutes later. Out popped a 1917. Pretty worn, but it was fun none the less!

Had good time with Edd, contrary to popular belief, he is a pretty decent guy, with a nice family. Another treasure in Illinois.

-Mike

Upvote 0

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
I still remember my first one and where I found it. There is something about the merc and buffalos that are just cool.. Congrats...Lance

southern gent

Aug 1, 2004
Pickens Co. S.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Sovriegn. Whites. Garret
Primary Interest:
Other
Found My first silver quite a while ago, but I found my first mercury several years after that. I love all my silver but the mercs and liberty's are my favorites. You never forget your first good silver. Good luck and HH! Chris

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome quest! Sounds like you two had a great time!!!!

Congrats on your silver!!!!!

Nana ;)

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
Congrats! Just found my first Merc too, so I know how you feel.

GL & HH,

DugHoles

OP
OP
Visionquest

Visionquest

Aug 2, 2005
Thanks to all for the comments, it was a nice surprise after hearing how much the park had already been detected and wading through the tons of trash. For some odd reason Edd kept flipping me off for the rest of the day ;D Said something about getting owned on his own turf hahaha.

Explorer 2 > Shadow X5

-Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions