Some Victorian Ladies Things

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
Some Victorian Ladie's Things

Heres a pic of some Victorian Ladie's items I have found over the past few weeks.? The large item In the first picture appears to be some type of belt buckel or sash buckel.? In the second picture, the silver item is half of a silver plated butterfly buckle.? Anyone have any ideas on what the other items might have been......Lance

Upvote 0

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
Re: Some Victorian Ladie's Things

Nice finds Lance,Large item in top photo looks like some demonic face at first glance.Sorry don,t mean to be weird.Round item in no.2 photo looks like some sort of rosette from a belt or saddle,not sure.but some nice interesting finds with interracial design.Good luck on your search. HH; JARMAN

OP
OP
comfyinvermont

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont

Most of these items were found on two different properties both of which were farm houses from the early to mid 1800's. All of the items were in the trash dump areas of the properties. There were a lot of junk that went along with these. Most were in pretty bad shape, bent and burnt in some cases. Very slow bending back in shape and then a cleaning with a soft brass brush and then a nice coat of paste wax. Lance

Hey Lance, does that piece with the acorns got an attachment at the back? Like a buckle?
I think I may have a match. When the sun is out and I get a chance, I'll post the one I found.
Nice finds! I love that fancy Victorian stuff!
Dave.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread