DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No have not found one. But very intesting fine...Matt

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Great link here: http://www.gdg.org/Research/Authored Items/BCRReports/1899.html

Containing these words:

ANNUAL REUNION OF THE UNITED CONFEDERATE VETERANS, CHARLESTON, S. C., MAY 10-13, 1899.

The following Preamble and resolutions were unanimously reported by the Committee and unanimously adopted by the veterans:

"Whereas the Government of the United states has undertaken and is pushing forward the work of permanently marking the lines and positions of the troops of both the contending armies on several great battlefields of the civil war, among them Gettysburg, Chickamauga, Shiloh , Vicksburg, and others, with the design of making these battlefield permanent memorials of the prowess of American soldiers without respect of section..

Resolved, That we as Confederate veterans, sympathize with and commend this patriotic purpose of the government, and will lend our influence and aid toward its full realization.

Resolved, That we trust the people of the Southern States will take early and effective steps to erect upon these battlefields suitable monuments in honor of our glorious heroes in gray who fought and died for what they believed to be right."

I certify that the above and foregoing resolutions were unanimously passed at the Charleston S. C., reunion on May 12, 1899, and the above is a true copy from the minutes of the same.

J. B. GORDON,
General Commanding.
GEO. MOORMAN,
Adjutant-General and Chief of Staff.

You piece is the "drop" from a medal or delegate ribbon worn by someone at that event probebly...

OP
OP
72cheyenne

72cheyenne

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
Mansfield, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's M6, White's 6000di/pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it was the "drop" down below a ribbon. Wish it was the whole thing. Ribbon didn't survive 100+ years in the ground.

OP
OP
72cheyenne

72cheyenne

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
Mansfield, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's M6, White's 6000di/pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may be right there. $350 for a complete one. Wow :thumbsup:

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
plehbah said:
The medal is beautiful.

The "resolution" of the assembled Confederate veterans was a little weak however.

Hey Confederate veterans- supporting building monuments?

How about adopting a resolution apologizing for slavery?

They are not listening Plahbah... that was in 1899.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great relic find 72 Chey! :thumbsup:
Congrats to you,
MM

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
plehbah said:
The medal is beautiful.

The "resolution" of the assembled Confederate veterans was a little weak however.

Hey Confederate veterans- supporting building monuments?

How about adopting a resolution apologizing for slavery?

You know what Plehbah, I've always liked you, but as a member of the Sons of Confederate Veterans, I take REAL exception to your statements above. Everyone who has a proper historical education knows that 95% of Confederate soldiers did not fight for slavery or own slaves. The Confederacy was just the Southern United States whom had slaves since 1619. The first THREE years of the war were fought to "preserve the Union", Lincoln didnt issue the Emancipation Proclamation until 3 years into the war, pretty significant that the majority of the war was not fought to end slavery but ONLY to preserve the UNION. Slavery played a role but wasn't the main role......In addition, as slavery existed for over 200 years in the United States and little over 4 in the Confederate States, the U.S. Senate, this past summer DID IN FACT apologize for slavery so there you go..

As to the 72Cheyenne's find:
Thats a beautiful find my friend! :wink: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Congratulations on a superb find :wink:

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
You know what Plehbah, I've always liked you, but as a member of the Sons of Confederate Veterans, I take REAL exception to your statements above. Everyone who has a proper historical education knows that 95% of Confederate soldiers did not fight for slavery or own slaves. The Confederacy was just the Southern United States whom had slaves since 1619. The first THREE years of the war were fought to "preserve the Union", Lincoln didnt issue the Emancipation Proclamation until 3 years into the war, pretty significant that the majority of the war was not fought to end slavery but ONLY to preserve the UNION. Slavery played a role but wasn't the main role......In addition, as slavery existed for over 200 years in the United States and little over 4 in the Confederate States, the U.S. Senate, this past summer DID IN FACT apologize for slavery so there you go..

As to the 72Cheyenne's find:
Thats a beautiful find my friend! :wink: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Congratulations on a superb find :wink:

Well said sir. I’m a SCV member as well and I think plebah needs to stop getting his history lessons from MSNBC

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet find, congrats! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions