First Buffalo Nickle

Z

ZumbroKid

I found my first buffalo nickle, the date is a little hard to read, so i enlarged the photo. This is the oldest coin i have found so far. Normally i just get the common clad stuff. No rings or other jewerly pieces yet either. As you can tell i'm not too good with my pictures yet. But that will come in time.

Attachments

• First buffalo nickle.jpg
    First buffalo nickle.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 479
Upvote 0

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats one of those rare nickels where the Indian head faces left instead of right. Liberty is backwards too. Better have a dealer appraise it. The buffalo is probably upside down too. ;D ;D ;D

WeaponsUSMC

Jul 26, 2005
Findlay Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Very nice, I've found rings (silver) and silver coins of todays design but have yet to find an American coin of earlier design. Great find.

OP
OP
Z

ZumbroKid

bk, you think it could really be so?

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No kid, I'm just giving you a bad time. Actually I like how nice the coin came out. Mine are usually corroded and red colored.

OP
OP
Z

ZumbroKid

OH! Thank you so much. I am rather new to this as i have said. Imagine blotching my first photo post so badly.

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find, I have yet to find a buffalo nickle. I dont seem to find that many with my xlt but I have Tesoro Toltec that is excellent on
nickles. But not to great on depth.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really cool find! I have yet to find one. :-[

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
thats really nice nickel! like bk said mine came out of the ground all red and brown and ugly looking. did you clean it somehow or did it come out of the ground like that? nice find!!

OP
OP
Z

ZumbroKid

It came out of the ground like that. But i do not know what is up. The coin is darker than in the picture. I have to figure how to use the camera better.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Congrats on your first buffalo. At first glance without reading any post I immediately said there is something wrong with that nickle. It's facing the wrong way. I have found enough of them to know. But I guess you just had something messed up with the pics.

HH Jer

M

mchamby

That is a nice Buffalo, it's a whole lot prettier than the brick colored ones I 've taken out of the ground but a buffalo is a buffalo and I'm not going to complain. Happy Hunting to you. :)
Mchamby

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread