hebbert & co london

goofy160zr

Sep 18, 2005
hebbert & co london

well about 12 years ago i was taking down a celling in a mates house,when something silver fell out the attic space and landed on my head >:( ever since i have had this in my keep sake box until today, while i was surfing the net i picked up on something similar to wot i have which guided me to this site its a glamorgan constabulary button with the in print hebbert & co London on the back any info on this item will be much appreciated.

Upvote 0

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
Re: hebbert & co london

Can you post a picture? Someone on here might be able to help if we could see it. Sounds cool!

vicki

OP
OP
G

goofy160zr

Sep 18, 2005

hi vic would love to but my dig cam is playing up at moe will try get a pic asap

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont

Hey Goofy, If your button is backmarked Hebbert & Co. it dates from between 1852 and 1895. The firm was listed variously as Army clothier, accoutrement & cap-makers to thier Royal Highnesses the Dukes of Gloucester from 1834. The firm lasted until 1935. During the Civil war they made some button for the Confederate Navy. Hope this helps you some....Lance

OP
OP
G

goofy160zr

Sep 18, 2005

well thanks lance very helpfull now i no, a little bit history about the button is it worth anything so i can give up my job lol ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread