Elementary School Finds

MayberryMonte

Sep 12, 2008
Soddy Daisy, TN.
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hit some elementary schools around Cleveland Tn. today. $3.58 in clad and some odds and ends. I did run into 2 fellow TNETers, Coondog 1969 and gruffy 9-11. We talked for about an hour and swapped stories. Real nice guys. 63 degrees today, great day to be alive and doing something you love.

Attachments

• School Finds 2-1-09 001.JPG
    School Finds 2-1-09 001.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 228
Upvote 0
S

seger98

Glad ya got out & found some good stuff, $358 in clad is alot of digging. LOL

Painter65

Jan 10, 2009
Wilmington,NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150, Minelab Soveriegn Elite, Minelab 305
You found $358.00 in clad today???? Holy Crap, your like a back-hoe!!!!!!

Neogeo

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2009
Austin T.X.
Hello gang I am super new to this(I don't even have my own detector yet..)and I don't know what the term clad means.Thanx in advance Geo

gruffy911

Greenie
Mar 20, 2008
Cleveland Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm IV, Tesoro DeLeon
Glad you found some glad today. It was a pleasure meeting you today and shooting the bull with ya. I saw you later in the evening over on Dalton pike. I was just pulling out of the street my son lives on and you had stopped and was pulling out on the highway also. You didn't see me and I didn't know it was you until you were almost past me, so I didn't blow my horn or anything. ;D

WheatbackDigger

Jul 8, 2005
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Neogeo said:
Hello gang I am super new to this(I don't even have my own detector yet..)and I don't know what the term clad means.Thanx in advance Geo

Clad: To cover metal with another metal by bonding...Basically, common day coinage...Post 1964 dimes, quarters, halves (1965-1970 halves did contain 40% silver, but still clad by definition)..Susan B's, Sacs and Presidential Dollars and post 1982 pennies... Nickels are an alloy and I believe there metal content hasn't changed.....

Neogeo

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2009
Austin T.X.
O.K. I got ya...You have to be a Jack-of- all knowledge to M.D..huh.....Thanx you..It seems that I have some learnin to do .lol...thanx again Geo

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Geo... welcome to this wonderful hobby and to this board! Everyone is new at one time or other. This is the place to ask for answers. Someone is always willing to help out a newbie. I look forward to seeing your finds!

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
Very glad ya got out to enjoy the day / hobby! Still got a few days of cold here to get through but 40's and even 50's predicted for the upcoming weekend. Of course, I have to work!!!!

Congrats on the clad!!!

P

Pentico

MayberryMonte said:
63 degrees today, great day to be alive and doing something you love.

Made me think of Granny from the Beverly Hillbillies said "Life is a gamble, every day I get up Im a winner"

Congrats on a great day.

DN

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to hear that you got out. It is still in the 20's here. Surpose to warm up this week and week-end. Sure hope so can not wait to get out...Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread