Hell of a Bell

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
Spent the afternoon slogging around a very wet field of 9 inch long grass trying to locate an old militia field. I didn't. But, I did find a really great crotal bell. This is the largest complete one I have found. I really love cleaning the mud and dirt out of it and hearing it ring again for the first time in two hundred years. Such a rush. This one must have been on a cow, because of its size. I am posting a picture of it next to a penny so you can see how large it really is. The second posting is with two others I have found in the past. You can see how much bigger this one is. Also found a horse shoe and ox shoe. Only coin today was a 1917 wheat penny....Lance

Attachments

• August 05 large cents 140.jpg
    August 05 large cents 140.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 391
  • August 05 large cents 143.jpg
    August 05 large cents 143.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 384
Upvote 0

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
White's Spec. XLT..... My Eyes
Comfy you have some of the best finds I see on the forum *Envy* Keep up the good work! and Good luck with that militia field. Happy Hunting.

Steven

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bell! I just found my first jingle bell here in Germany after 16 years of detecting. HH, Mike

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Now thats a hell of a bell :o I have only found one bell like that but it was jsut a small iron jingle bell found in a bottle dump :-\

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would put that on my ACE

Kermit

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread