Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings everybody ! Went metal detecting today - cause I really needed some money for food

and gas . I'm only semi employed right now (teaching at the community college), and paydays

are few and far between . I hit a bunch of parks here in town with my MXT and the 6x10 coil,

and I was only interested in picking up as many dimes and quarters as I could - no deepies ,

no oldies - spendable cash - so i cranked up the discrimination and blew through as many

tot lots and picnic table areas as time permitted . Ended the day with $ 19. 45 in clad and

3 wheaties 42 D, 52 D , 55 D and three rings ,two small silvers and one brass . Hey I

find it comforting to know I can go out and get some money when I really need it !

Argentium.

Upvote 0

sasnz

Aug 15, 2006
Auckland
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500 GTI
good on you. $20 dollars a day is 140 a week, not bad considering all the other good stuff ya find also. ;D

Sasnz

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG on the gas money. Must have a decent spot to hunt and later you can go back and get the deep stuff...Matt

S

seger98

Seeing your total, I'd say that's a pretty good way to approach a park if you just want some fast money! :thumbsup:

Chris

bula

Mar 13, 2008
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT
Man in that part of the New Mexico you should have thousands of places to hunt. I would love to hunt in your part of the woods. When I cherry pick with the mxt I set the gain on 3 or 4 and the discrimination right at pull tabs that way I will get the solid 20 for the nickels & a little gold, you can always ignore the Penny's.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can relate. I spent many hours when I was younger scrounging parks, playgrounds and highways for bottles when you could exchange them for 5 cents each to get the gas and grocery money.

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
Sure hope the job situation gets better for you. Congrats on getting out and finding enough to help ya out. Keep at it!!!

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know if I had one of these when I was on the streets... I would have not been on the streets :icon_scratch: ??? ::) :P ;D :D

Keep @ it and HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread