My find of my life!! 30 minute beach hunt turns up very expensive watch.

D

Deadshot

Decided to hit the beach for a few minutes tonight just to get out and play with my new DFX. I tossed on the head lamp (yes it is very dark out there) and fired my machine. Adjusted my beach program so that the back light was on and went to hunting.

Not expecting too much I just sorta zig zagged down the dry sand. After about 15 minutes of finding sand and more sand I decided to run back to the car and get my 5.3 inch coil and poke around a few of the old fire pits. The first one I hit produced about 5 soda cans all in different forms of melted and six clad cents. The next pit started was a bust, nothing but melted cans.

As I was heading off to find another pit down the beach I heard a LOUD high tone ring in my head phones. After taking a step back I swung the coil back over the area that had just sounded off. It was filled with targets! I quickly started to dig all the targets as I separated them. Quarter, Quarter, Dime, Quarter............more and more and more (these are my favorite spots) after about 15 coins things started slowing down a bit so I decided to grid off a 10' square around where the coins were and make sure it was cleared out. I covered about half of the square only finding a couple more coins. As I was just about done with one pass over the square I got a strong signal on the edge of my square. Being that I was digging so many coins I didn't even look at the screen thinking that it was just another quarter. Well I was pleasantly surprised when the "quarter" turned out the be a heavy watch. Sweet I thought, my first real watch from MDing. I tossed it in my pouch and continued hunting.

When I finished the square I had a total of 12 quarters, 8 Dimes, 10 Nickels, and 3 Pennies. It was getting a bit cold so I packed up the gear and headed home. I got home and jumped in the shower trying to remove the sand from all those places it likes to get. When I got out my Wife asked what I had found. I relayed the story about the nice little pocket dump I had found and about the watch. Not recognizing the name on it I hoped on the net to check it out. Well I was ecstatic with what I found out to say the least.

The watch is made by a company called Breitling. It is a swiss company that makes VERY expensive watches. I have sent a email to the USA based part of the company to see if they can help me with authentication and some info on it, as it is a model that is out of production now. The few that I can find from past ebay auctions of similar watches look to be valued from around $1800 - $3000!!!!! I guess now I just ask you to all cross your fingers for me hoping it is real.'

Tomorrow I am going to call the police department to see if there are any lost and found claims for it and also look in the papers.

Sorry the pictures are not the best,

Deadshot

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,131
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 1,125
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 1,113
Upvote 0

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super nice!!

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
Deadshot said:
$1800 - $3000!!!!! I guess now I just ask you to all cross your fingers for me hoping it is real.'

Deadshot

WTG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fingers crossed...
eyes crossed even !
(~.~)

Gigisdiamonds

Mar 18, 2005
Kansas
;D WTG!!! Hey I know just how you feel finding that WOW find! It would be awfully hard to give up! I just want you to know, how very much I respect your trying to find the owner! Talk about a big heart! Your wife has a found a good man! ;D
I do believe you have the real thing! I don't think you will be finding they did a fake of this watch ...however you never know. ::) There are plenty of people willing to make a buck, by faking something like a good watch. I will say a prayer that if you are to find the owner you do and if not that all works out well !

HH
Gigi ;)

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the great find, hope you get to keep it! HH, Mike

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice watch find,

hh

Lonewolfe

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent! I'm almost positive your watch is genuine. Just from looking at the photos you can tell it isn't a cheap imitation. When I was heading up the fraud investigations at the PD I use to see cheap Mexican imitation watches all the time. Once confiscated a whole case of "Rolox" watches that were being sold for fifty bucks. Suspect was telling suckers it was a Rolex valued at $6,000.00! You could pick them up in Mexico for about $1.50 each! Yours is definately not one of those! JIM

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How deep was the watch? DId it still have the time? Very nice find. That's the best free watch I've seen.

Kermit

msentme

Greenie
Sep 21, 2005
Destin, Florida
Great find!!!! I bought a similar watch a few years ago. Most Breitling owners register their watches when they purchase them. If you contact the company, they will probably have the original owner on file. Congratulations again.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Shot! Congrats on your finds!!! That's a great looking watch!!!

;)

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Very nice, WTG!!!
It's a nice thing your doing by trying to find the owner as well...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

ctalmadg

Jul 27, 2003
Honeoye Falls, NY (Fingerlakes Area)
Detector(s) used
White / Fisher / DJI Cellar Hole Detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find!! I hope it is real!! Some of the Japanese and Swiss replicas are so good you can't tell the difference until you pop the case! Good luck!!! Happy Hunting!!

OP
OP
D

Deadshot

Well, so far no luck on finding a owner. The local Law has no reports of a lost watch and there is nothing in the last few months papers. I am still waiting on a email from the company to see if it is registered.

Kermit said:
How deep was the watch? DId it still have the time?

It was about 5 inches deep, and yes it still has the time. I do not think that it has been lost to terribly long. This kind of watch winds as you wear it I believe. So to keep it going all you have to do is wear it and then as you move through out the day it winds itself.

I will continue looking for the owner, but if things keep going the way they are I am going to have to find out where to buy links for the band (It is a little small for me :( )

Deadshot

azmetaldetector

Sep 22, 2005
Arizona
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites MXT Pro
Great find! Nice of you to try and find the owner!!!
good luck and i hope you get to keep it.

Visionquest

Aug 2, 2005
Wow that is an excellent find! Congrats! Much respect for you trying to find the owner as well, very cool! I do hope you get to keep it. Save some of those cool finds for when I get out there ;)

-Mike

Joe88

Sep 10, 2004
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett GTA 550, &
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread