May 1, 2007
central pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 11" & 15" coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello All,

Vp here, I was cleaning my metal detector getting ready to go hunt tommorrow and I just happened to open up my button box and started trolling thru them. Now I know very little about buttons, but I remember everyone saying if they were one piece buttons that they might be older. So I found 4 or 5 that still had some gold on them and starting cleaning them up a bit.

This one turned out to be an Andrew Jackson Inaugural button. It doesn't have much of anything on the front (except a little gold color) but the back clearly reads "Andrew Jackson March 4 1829" ! Can't remember where I foudn it but it was probably a year or two back.

Any idea of the worth ?

Thanks in advance,

vp

Attachments

• andrewjackson.jpg
    andrewjackson.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 1,207
Upvote 0

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kevin,
You lucky dog!!! What a beauty. :o
Congrats on a rare button find big guy.
-Doug-

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hey Kevin,

That's a really cool button find!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I found a website that sold the same coat button in an auction a couple years ago for $277, but that one had full gold luster on both sides.

http://www.hakes.com/item.asp?AuctionItemID=26256

Congrats! Better recheck all your relics again! ;D

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Teknetics T2 Ltd, GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Man that is a beutiful find, way to go

CW

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice indeed :thumbsup:
Are you going to try to remember where you found it now?

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on getting your first Andrew Jackson button, not sure of worth, there are quite a few out there and different varieties, but regardless, it has some worth.

Since you don't remember where you found it due to possibly not looking carefully or either not cleaning very soon after finding is the culprit. There are quite a few buttons that are plain on the front but have some significance on the back of the button and if finds are not cleaned, you will never know, most would think it is "just another plain flat button". I like to clean them right away to see what the backmark is. It has paid off, Andrew Jackson and E PLURIBUS UNUM political buttons and maybe one or two more I have previoulsy found.

Don

OP
OP
vpone

vpone

Bronze Member
May 1, 2007
central pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 11" & 15" coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
txkickergirl said:
wow thats a great button

thanks - vp

ModernMiner said:
Kevin,
You lucky dog!!! What a beauty. :o
Congrats on a rare button find big guy.
-Doug-

hey doug how ya been buddy ?
thanks for the post - kevin

Captn_SE said:
Hey Kevin,

That's a really cool button find!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I found a website that sold the same coat button in an auction a couple years ago for $277, but that one had full gold luster on both sides.

http://www.hakes.com/item.asp?AuctionItemID=26256

Congrats! Better recheck all your relics again! ;D

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

hey dan - thanks for the link - that's pretty encouraging huh ? mines not near in that shape but hey i'll take it !
take care -
kevin

silverfreak said:
Kevin...that button is SWEEEEET :thumbsup: Congrats my friend :wink:

bryce man - you thawed out yet ? bet you are bouncing off the walls there huh ?

take care buddy - kevin

cwdigger said:
Man that is a beutiful find, way to go

CW

thanks man

Don in SJ said:
Congrats on getting your first Andrew Jackson button, not sure of worth, there are quite a few out there and different varieties, but regardless, it has some worth.

Since you don't remember where you found it due to possibly not looking carefully or either not cleaning very soon after finding is the culprit. There are quite a few buttons that are plain on the front but have some significance on the back of the button and if finds are not cleaned, you will never know, most would think it is "just another plain flat button". I like to clean them right away to see what the backmark is. It has paid off, Andrew Jackson and E PLURIBUS UNUM political buttons and maybe one or two more I have previoulsy found.

Don

thanks for the input/advice don, i have about six other buttons that have stuff on the back and look to be old, all of them are just blank on the front - anything special i shoudl be looking for ?

thanks - kevin

thanks to everyone else that posted !

vp

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
VP,

I must have missed this post back in February, but I wanted to congratulate on a very special find. I have found hundreds of plain front flat buttons, and I always check the back marks hoping for something special. I have dozens of Best Quality, Extra Rich, Orange Colour, etc. but nothing that even comes close to what you have found.

Congratulations!
Neil

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
That's a awesome find as far as history is concerned. One of the few presidents that we have had that was a BAD DUDE.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions