Septembers Finds

Andee

Sep 12, 2005
Clarence, NY
September's Finds

Finally decided to get back into MD'ing this September. What a month. Not only did I find my first old coin(s), but also $5.13 in change or somewhere around there (I'm too lazy to re-count it ;D)

Found my first "old" coin- a 1953-S nickel, on September 2. Found it next to a sidewalk at a church. NOTE: The marks are not from me!! They were there when I found it.

I then found an 1864 two-cent piece in my front yard the next day (September 3rd). How it got there I'll never know, as my house was built in 1999. Maybe from when it was farmland??

Found my first wheatie (dateless) at the very old Clarence Town park on Sptember 7, which was also my first day of high school. I thought this was a junk target at first, but it was repeating good so Idecided to dig it. I was VERY surprised whenI found this sticking out of the dirt next to the hole.

Also found a 1979 Susan B. Anthony dollar at the Ledgeview elementary school.

Attachments

• ngn1.jpg
    ngn1.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 382
Upvote 0

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Re: September's Finds

Excellent job Andee,Those finds surley have you re-hooked for good.Handle that two cent piece with care, its a key date if it has the "small motto".....and a great find regardless.....H.H.....JO

popcorn

Jun 18, 2005

welcome back thatsure is a good find for starting out I wish I did as well on my fist time out. good hunting ;D ;D ;D

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other

Andee,

it's just a start; hope you find many more. Welcome back to an interesting hobby.

have a good un.............
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d

Great digs, WTG!!!
A 2 cent piece is still on my list of things I haven't found yet.
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread