dumpster diving find!!!!

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
My truck broke down on the job site today, and while I'm waiting for some help I started looking thru some of the dumpsters.
These are construction Dumpsters and are not for home owners trash, but yes they still throw stuff in there all the time.
I found two big stacks of old magazines and was checking to see if any where old, when this fell out of one of them.
A beautiful 1896 Morgan uncirculated!!!!!!!! some one had used it for a book mark. Not 5 minutes after I found it I got a call for my services paid in full to search an 1865 fort this weekend...I have to say it's been a Damn good day!!! LOL
dano

Attachments

• 1896.jpg
    1896.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 929
Upvote 0

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow I have one of those but it don't look no where near that good

Kermit

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
WOW!!!!!!!!! what a beauty!
great find...WTG!
any idea of it's value?
HH + d diving :)

Frank C

Sep 9, 2005
N.W. Az.
Detector(s) used
Minelab P.I., Nokta vlf.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats great. I got a call from a buddy a few months back. Told me that he found a dumpster that was full of records We went and filled up 4 cars with about 15,000 records a massive collection that was tossed away.

K

Kentucky Kache

Sounds like a magic dumpster. I would try to buy it. :)

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to dumpster dive as a kid. Lived near one that was shared by a TV repair shop, small grocer, and a dentist. The TV shop used to throw away old tubes and we would bust them all. The Grocer threw out boxes baseball cards because the gum was out dated. Gave away hundreds of cards to my friends. And finally the dentist used to dispose of syringes of Novocain. Did you ever see a frog try to jump after you injected it in one leg. They would just keep turning in circles. No harm they would recover. The care free days of childhood.

Ed

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice Dano!!! And good luck at the fort this weekend!!!

Nana ;)

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
outstanding! ?Did you check the other magazines, LOL! ?Look forward to the 1865 fort hunt finds. HH, Mike

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice find!! That looks to be about MS63 and the latest red book says it is a $35 coin. Not bad for how much you have in it ($0). Congrats!! HH

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
once i found a HORACE GRANT ROOKIE BASKETBALL CARD........... SIGNED!!!!!still in the protective plastic sleeve,also an antique blowtorch in excellent condition! several milk bottles a "old blob top beer bottle" from chicago that weighs like 1 pound and its empty talk about the 12 ounce curls for real no joke... ;D ...very cool... love treasures like that!

renegade_7

Jun 10, 2004
Missouri
Wow, that is a really great find, considering where you found it and its condition. Always heard that one person's trash is another person's treasure, but I don't think that coin was meant to be trash. Way to maximize the use of your time. Good luck on the fort.

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy smoke, you must be living right. I would buy some lottery tickets ! Good luck on the fort.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread