Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had an exciting evening and cured some of that cabin fever. I received a call after work asking if I could help find a gold wedding ring. The ring was lost Saturday in a yard by a guy who lives close by, I said I can be there in 15 minutes. I arrived and he showed me where it was lost and how it was lost. The guy sat the ring on the upstairs bathroom window ledge to wash his hands, the window was open. When he picked up the ring, it slipped out of his fingers and out the window, slid down a roof top, over a rain gutter and landed somewhere in the yard. They took the down spout apart, tried dropping washers to see where they landed and a whole lot of raking which drove the ring down to dirt level under the 2” of grass and a little snow. It took me about 5 minutes to find the ring. What a great feeling it is to be able to return something so sentimentally valuable! Here’s a picture of the ring. Note I used a natural background for the photo called snow white, LOL.
9Feb09LenauRing.jpg

I was not able to give the ring back to the owner as they had left this morning on vacation. I was working with the Father/in-law. He tried to force a reward on me which I refused but I finally said 5 Euros would more than cover my gas money and it made him feel better about me providing a service. Who are you going call in a situation like that, LOL? He did a good job locating me, he called a big heavy construction company first to see if he could rent or borrow a metal detector, they didn’t have one but said they always see a guy detecting in the area, me. Called another person trying to find me and was referred to my Archie friend who gave him my number. Come on spring! HH, Mike
9Feb09LenauRingin.jpg

Upvote 0

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Way to go!!! I once found a ring for a couple for the bartered price of a twelve pack. $3500 ring was found on the first dive(snorkeling). Gave me a six pack of Milwaukee's Best and drove off. Yech!!!

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
lairmo said:
Way to go!!! I once found a ring for a couple for the bartered price of a twelve pack. $3500 ring was found on the first dive(snorkeling). Gave me a six pack of Milwaukee's Best and drove off. Yech!!!

lol didn't give you Michilob lol that was nice of you

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Railroad nails to rings, you're all over the place Mike. ;D Fantastic job of locating the lost ring. :thumbsup:
It's a great feeling I know.
What are you hunting for tomorrow, astroids? ;D :wink:
***********HONORABLE MENTION************
-Doug-

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrads on the ring....

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It makes a person feel good to be able to help
someone like that Mike. The ring is good looking and
you did a lot to promote the good reputation of our hobbie.
Congratulations on a super job!! Gold Nuggets :icon_jokercolor:

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems most everyone in Germany knows Bavaria Mike! :icon_king: What a guy!

Fantastic that ya found it for him!! Love the picture...

Nana :wink:

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good on you Mike :thumbsup:
One for the Detectorists :icon_pirat:

Mike