clad and silver

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
I hit the back of a church on Sunday. They have a little space out back with a gazebo for smokers, and I poked around there. Found 5 Qs, 2 Ds, 6 Ns, and about 12 Ps. Oh, and one men's .925 silver ring, it has a celtic never ending thing a ma jig going on. I forgot what they call it, but its essentially 2 lines that loop in and out of each other, and do not have the appearance of an end.

When I looked at the coins was the interesting part for me. I had a 66 quarter in pretty good shape, a 66 dime in good shape, and a 60 penny in pretty worn condition, but details are still there.
The one that I'm really happy about is a 64 penny. (I know, lol), but it is in prestine condition. After I rinsed it off, it looks freshly minted! AND, its way off center. It has absolutely no upper rim, In God We Trust is on the edge. I wish my camera took good close-ups, because it amazes me. I know its not worth much, but its the newest WAY off stamped I've found.

Upvote 0

Andee

Sep 12, 2005
Clarence, NY
I love 60's clad!! Good for me, since I find a lot of em. Especially the pennies and quarters. In September alone I found 2 1965 quarters (one of which was found in a creek, but it looked like it had been there a while so I count it) a 1969 quarter, 1965 dime. 2 1963 pennies and 2 1964 pennies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions