A Few Wheats and Clad

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's
Hi all,
Work has really got to go!If I can't get out to hunt you know its been busy.I have been able to get permission on some property just haven't been able to hit em.Me and knorrski did get out yesterday for about 2 hours on a yard across from my work and found a nice handful of clad and 6 wheats with the oldest being 1937.Not a fortune but we love seeing older coins come out of the ground.We prefer silver but wheats are cool to us also.Tomorrow me and knorrski have the day off and I got permission to hunt under some high school football bleachers in the morning.Its mainly gravel so hopefully find some goodies in the rocks.

peace,bigrig

Attachments

• 6 wheats.jpg
    6 wheats.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 186
Upvote 0

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
I love wheats!
I know how you feel about work! My office is open 9-5 Mon-Fri. Saturday I sometimes watch my girls because my wife works every now and again to catch up on stuff, then Sunday I have church all morning. It really narrows down the time I have to detect.

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds

Just got to be some silver under all that wheat.

Just one wheat is silver under my feet. I think a wheat penny is a little sign that says come back and find silver.

Kermit

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Anything that's not trash, pulltabs, or nails is good dig'n in my book, WTG!!!
Haven't seen ya post lately, good to see ya back out there...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seems like you are slowly becoming a relic hunter. You might start looking at the fields that are being harvested. The finds can be slow in a field but they can get really old and silver! HH, Mike

Joe88

Sep 10, 2004
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett GTA 550, &
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wheats are always a pleasure to find!!

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have always heard that wheats is a good sign that there is silver but I haven't found that to be true. I have found my share of wheats but the silver eludes me. Sometimes I think finding wheats is a sign tht someone has already found the silver and left the wheats for me! I'll take wheats any day but that silver sure looks good coming to the surface! Hope you score big under the bleachers! Keep it up. KS aka JIM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread