Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
a cap gun :tongue3:

But yours sure does look better :thumbsup:

Wanted to hunt the beaches today as low tide had a 1.45 drop here today but bidding some work and other commitments just didn't get it done. So about 45 minutes before dark I hit took the ol DFX into a vacant rental yard of a friend that dates into the 20s hoping to maybe get a coin or two

Well my first hit was the spoon which hit a hard solid 14 on my DFX at 4 inches, thought sure I had a ring under the coil but found this spoon sitting on top of those blocks you see. Haven't cleaned it up yet but guessing it might be silver from my solid 14. If anyone can give me a rough date on those concrete blocks I'd like to know as I have never seen blocks like that.

Next was the small piece of can slaw following with the hatchet, thinnest one I ever seen. Not sure you could even cut string with that thing :tongue3:

Then I cruise over to some bushes that had been whacked down for the winter and find what was a cap gun at one time. Says Champion on it. As I searched in the twilight trying to find all the parts I thought of my buddy Bran and CTH2 looking for all the pieces of a bowl. Well I found all that was there and said to myself darn not even one coin. I then got a hit and low and behold 5 inches into the earth was this memorial penny. lol Didn't get skunked after all a 1960, I think need to clean it a bit too.

HHs all :)

Attachments

• finds feb02 04.JPG
    finds feb02 04.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 953
  • finds feb02 03.JPG
    finds feb02 03.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 957
  • finds feb02 01.JPG
    finds feb02 01.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 944
  • finds feb02 02.JPG
    finds feb02 02.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 939
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bridge End Farm

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
scrounger said:
OH OH U DIDNT FIND A GOLD RING ? i thought sure u had. well we cant all be on the banner like sniffer >:( interesting finds tho

mmmm my day will come :) ::) :thumbsup:

Jimmy

Tenderfoot
Apr 25, 2008
Wish I had a dollar for every 12" concrete block like the ones in your pic. I have laid. They are still using today.

OPUS1

Jan 23, 2009
So. Cal
Detector(s) used
BH QD II,Minelab GPX 4500 PULSE GOLD PROSPECTING DETECTOR,Garrett Infinium LS Pulse Metal Detector
I'll take that find anytime ;D

Good job.

OP
OP
Bridge End Farm

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Jimmy said:
Wish I had a dollar for every 12" concrete block like the ones in your pic. I have laid. They are still using today.

ok thanks so not as old as I had hoped probably guess I won't dig them all up then

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, BEF :thumbsup: That ring is somewhere waiting for you to find it, it's a matter of time. Good luck!

:wink: RR

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So someone in that yard was playing cowboys and indians! :D Neat finds, Beefy!! 8)

Nana :wink:

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok bobby,
You can chop wood, eat soup, and shout intruders with those finds. you are only missing a jug of wine and a lady to share it with...lol!

SKD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread