• my find.jpg
    my find.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 431
Upvote 0

Andee

Sep 12, 2005
Clarence, NY
Nice finds. Are you gonna spend em?

of BTW- The unitentifiable clad coin is a post-1982 zinc composition Memorial Reverse Lincoln Head One Cent Piece ;)

OP
OP
C

cm5838

i been trying to learn this detector in my yard, but the guy that used to live here in the 70's and 80's owned a bolt company and i think his bolt truck threw up in the yard, and apperently he drank a lot, judging by how many bottle caps i dug up, but i guess it is all practice.
charles

Crutch

Sep 1, 2005
Springfield Tennessee
Detector(s) used
DFX / Eagle II SL 90
Congrats on working around all the junk.

My old house was a rental house. Lots of beer tabs and coke tops. I started cleaning it up and ended up finding my first indian head there.
Sorry about the contaminated yard.

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan
Yeah, I feel for ya! The old geezer that used to own the house I now have had an obsession with throwing all the pull tabs and beer caps into the grass. No joke, I bet I have picked up better than two hundred of them... and I have only lived here a couple of months! >:(

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A smaller coil might help you in the trashy spots. Good luck.

OP
OP
C

cm5838

i went out again today, but this time to a couple of schools, and damned if every one of the pencil tops showed as a nickle, but i found a lot of change, getting quite a pile going. the schools are pretty junk filled as well, but as i learn more about this detector i can figure out what is really junk and what is not, except the pencil tops, they still say it is a nickle. I did find a vacant building in town c.1920 i stopped next to when the car overheated, but i tried it and it was showing a target about every inch, and didn't have time so i will get back to it, plus there is a condemned house c.1902 that i am trying to gain access to, been empty for 10 years.
Charles

Z

ZumbroKid

cm5838 said:
i been trying to learn this detector in my yard, but the guy that used to live here in the 70's and 80's owned a bolt company and i think his bolt truck threw up in the yard, and apperently he drank a lot, judging by how many bottle caps i dug up, but i guess it is all practice.
charles
The guy drank for pratice? Wonder how he did in competetion?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions