Hunting in Omaha with Nedigger

BADDOG

Dec 21, 2004
Weeki Wachee, FL (north of Tampa)
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Well I was in Omaha, NE this past week and met up with Nedigger. I had a great time hunting with him and we hunted an old park he has found quite a few old coins in. We didn't find any silver however I did find the 3 wheaties there. What a great spot to detect, huge park dating back to the turn of the century. I hunted with Nedigger Monday and Tuesday evenings and then I hit some parks close to my hotel the remainder of the week. Thanks Nedigger for being a great host to your city :).

Good Luck and HH

Baddog1

Attachments

• Omaha Finds.jpg
    Omaha Finds.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 319
Upvote 0

Mike in Fla.

Sep 4, 2005
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Minelab Quattro, Minelab Exp. II, Garrett Ace 250, GTXA 1000,
Sounds like you have a great time and looks it too/ congrats on your finds. Did you fly up or drive? If you flew, how did you prodect your machine?

Mike

OP
OP
BADDOG

BADDOG

Dec 21, 2004
Weeki Wachee, FL (north of Tampa)
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I fly. I just pack it in a large suitcase and pack my clothes around it, then check it.
This time however is the first time (out of probably 20)they apparently needed to check inside my bag and weren't quite as careful repacking my suitcase as I am. Luckly no damage to the detector, however it makes me re-think about checking it like that in the future.

nedigger

Sep 30, 2004
Omaha, NE
Thanks Baddog1. Looks like you did alright. Too bad we weren't able to get more hunting in together. So many parks and schools - so little time. Yes, silver would have been nice. I know there are still some old coins in that park. Hope the rest of your stay was an enjoyable one and glad you made it home safe. HH.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to meet up with others and hunt new areas! HH, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread