Had some fun yesterday...

Treasure Seeker

Sep 7, 2005
Appleton, WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI-2500, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We just moved into a new house about 3 months ago... Hadn't detected the yard yet.

Did about 95% of the back yard. Didn't find anything awe-inspiring. About $0.40 in clad -- oldest was 1974.

I was quite impressed with my GTI-2500. I had backed off the sensitivity a bit since I've seen people recommendeding it. It was a lot better this way then my old house was. I remember digging ghosts at my old house.

With the sensitivity backed down.. Everytime I dug, I found my target. And... The display was dead-on accurate. When it said it was a nickel, I pulled out a nickel. Very cool.

It just dumped alot of rain on us today -- so I won't be able to do the front yard until a few days from now. Our house is only about 40 years old -- so I'm not expecting to find much.. Some coins around that age would be nice though.. :D

TS

Upvote 0

popcorn

Jun 18, 2005
8)its still worth it you never know what you will find who knows what was there before the house. happy hunting. 8)

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You just never know untill you dig it. Good luck !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread