Two Cent Piece and Seated Liberty Dime

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
Got back to the house next to the copper pit this afternoon. I found a really nice 1864 (large letters) two cent piece and a worn 1886 seated liberty dime. Also found another piece of pewter dolls plate, a gold plated watch chain, a horse harness bridle rosette, a small brass shield, either a piece of jewelry or the smallest handcuffs ever made, a pill box and a very nice spoon. The spoon has the letter M engraved in it, which I would imagine stands for Morrill, the people who owned the house in 1810. On the back of the spoon it says Brazil Silver. Have not seen that one before. The air had the bite of fall today, cloudy, windy and cold. First time I had to detect with a jacket this year. OH NO, say it ain't so. Only two more months before the ground is like a rock....Lance

Attachments

• August 05 large cents 156.jpg
    August 05 large cents 156.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 352
  • August 05 large cents 160.jpg
    August 05 large cents 160.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 354
  • August 05 large cents 163.jpg
    August 05 large cents 163.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 352
Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WoW!!! Great stuff as usual Lance!!!!!

You gonna have to figure out how to keep that ground from freezing at that spot!!!!

Nana ;)

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool stuff!

HH

Lonewolfe

DetectoDude

May 2, 2004
So. Ca.
;DWow wow wow I guess I am going to have to come out there and show you how it is done. Just kidding great finds and I hope that it continues until the frost. Have you ever considered a fire in the field to keep it warm enough to detect in the winter?????????????

Calico Jack

Sep 20, 2005
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
The "Brazil Silver" peaked my interest. This is what I found, from architecturals.net.

"Several names denote the presence of silver in items that contain no silver. "Brazil Silver" for instance is a name used by Nevada Globe Silver Works of Birmingham, England to describe a line of wares composed entirely of nickel and without a trace of sterling or silver plate. "German Silver" is silver colored substitute made from nickel, copper and zinc that were often used as a base for silver plate."

Another site dates Brazil Silver production to the late 19th and early 20th centuries.

My congratulations on a nice haul.

F

Floater

Lance, You have found some things I can only dream of.

What a great place to live and Find things. Keep em comin and great work. HH

PS. Lance what detector do you use?

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very impressive finds, You have a great place to hunt. I hope you continue having good success.

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds

kermit

OP
OP
comfyinvermont

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
Floater said:
Lance, You have found some things I can only dream of.

What a great place to live and Find things. Keep em comin and great work. HH

PS. Lance what detector do you use?
Hey Floater, I use a Whites, Spectrum XLT. Lance

OP
OP
comfyinvermont

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
Calico Jack said:
The "Brazil Silver" peaked my interest. This is what I found, from architecturals.net.

"Several names denote the presence of silver in items that contain no silver. "Brazil Silver" for instance is a name used by Nevada Globe Silver Works of Birmingham, England to describe a line of wares composed entirely of nickel and without a trace of sterling or silver plate. "German Silver" is silver colored substitute made from nickel, copper and zinc that were often used as a base for silver plate."

Another site dates Brazil Silver production to the late 19th and early 20th centuries.

My congratulations on a nice haul.

Thanks Jack, that explains the way it looks...Thanks..Lance

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread