Civil war button ID help, and other finds from 02/15 hunt!

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
Went to an 1818 cabin I have been unting for several years with my Ace 250. With the new XTerra 70, I was hoping to find deeper stuff.... and I am!

The mercury dime was a good 7 inches deep. Love this machine!

ID help with the button. A musicians button I believe. Marked "WATERBURY BUTTON CO" with 3 stars on the back.

Thanks for looking! Wind was a bit chilly today and the better half was upset I didn't wake her to go along.... :(

Attachments

• 021509peachgrovea.jpg
    021509peachgrovea.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 554
  • button1a.jpg
    button1a.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 545
  • button1b.jpg
    button1b.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 565
Upvote 0

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Could be either Civil War period or slightly postwar. That's a c. 1860's-70's Waterbury backmark.

OP
OP
B

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
Thanks for the kind words and the help with the ID. Sure was nice to get out, and this is one of my favorite finds now!

S

seger98

I love my X-terra 70, it's a nice machine, I'm still learning with it, thing I like the most is the fast recovery time after passing over an iron object!

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds man, what you found is a musicians button very likely could have been used during Civil War. :thumbsup:

Steve

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
beetle662 said:
Wind was a bit chilly today and the better half was upset I didn't wake her to go along.... :(

You messed up, Beetle! TWICE! :-X You could have had a happy 'better half', AND had someone to keep ya warm if you had bothered to mention that you were going hunting! :D Make it up to her and take her hunting! :wink:

Fantastic finds! :icon_pirat:

Nana :wink:

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would bet money...musicians button.

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nana40 said:
beetle662 said:
Wind was a bit chilly today and the better half was upset I didn't wake her to go along.... :(

You messed up, Beetle! TWICE! :-X You could have had a happy 'better half', AND had someone to keep ya warm if you had bothered to mention that you were going hunting! :D Make it up to her and take her hunting! :wink:

:BangHead: :nono: :dontknow:

OP
OP
B

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
Nana40 said:
beetle662 said:

Oh, she's going the next time!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread