CIMG1366.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 1,218
Upvote 0

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice, and unusual finds. HH

kg6yll

Oct 10, 2006
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Those are great finds. Classic examples of California Buckles.

KG6YLL

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Very nice! Hurry go find the rest! ;D ;D Looks like you have found yourself a real nice place to hunt for sure! Congrats

OP
OP
haylen

haylen

Feb 14, 2007
plehbah said:
I think that is an 1850s National Guard buckle.

But then again, I am typing on a make-believe computer and computer keyboard.
Where did you find the info, I would like to get a book on buckles?Thanks

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
haven't seen that variety yet, hope you get more :)

HH
-GC

R

robbuckalew

they are some nice finds there...I am hoping to find a buckle this year

OP
OP
haylen

haylen

Feb 14, 2007
kuger said:
Nice,what you have there is what we call the flipped over eagle.It is mistakenly referred to as "New York",but we have found no association,nor Coast Guard? :icon_scratch:.I am in Hawaii,at the moment so I cant look at at my books but I doubt you will find many of the buckles we find in our area in most books,and often when you do they are wrong.Syndney Kerksis' book American Military buckles and Plates,and O'Donnel's books are fair.The wreath for that will have a "T" slot opening and a distinct "floral",looking border.The other wreath is what we call a ladies buckle and they pop up surprisingly often given the few women that were in the gold camps so we are led to believe they are later(1860's)I have that same wreath and might have the tongue as well
Thanks Kuger I was not sure of the name I heard it referred as the New York too I really appreciate the great info when you get back from Hawaii get in touch

OP
OP
haylen

haylen

Feb 14, 2007
robbuckalew said:
they are some nice finds there...I am hoping to find a buckle this year
Thanks and keep on md there out there ;D

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
That is an Awesome buckle..nice detail....

kg6yll

Oct 10, 2006
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
kuger said:
haylen said:
kuger said:
Nice,what you have there is what we call the flipped over eagle.It is mistakenly referred to as "New York",but we have found no association,nor Coast Guard? :icon_scratch:.I am in Hawaii,at the moment so I cant look at at my books but I doubt you will find many of the buckles we find in our area in most books,and often when you do they are wrong.Syndney Kerksis' book American Military buckles and Plates,and O'Donnel's books are fair.The wreath for that will have a "T" slot opening and a distinct "floral",looking border.The other wreath is what we call a ladies buckle and they pop up surprisingly often given the few women that were in the gold camps so we are led to believe they are later(1860's)I have that same wreath and might have the tongue as well
Thanks Kuger I was not sure of the name I heard it referred as the New York too I really appreciate the great info when you get back from Hawaii get in touch
Will do,you or K6yll found the center disc to the flipped eagle a while back,right?

Kuger,

Here is the disc portion I found.

KG6YLL

Attachments

• eagle.jpg
    eagle.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 626
  • eagle.jpg
    eagle.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 619

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find guy, congratulations!!!

HH, Ringfinder

OP
OP
haylen

haylen

Feb 14, 2007
kuger said:
haylen said:
kuger said:
Thats the one.There is also one with that design that says "Pollack Bros".
mine is better than kg6yll :thumbsup: lol
I have only found one tongue of that one and one center disc.......but I have dug four of its wreaths
[/quoteso you have a wreath that goes with mine can you send pic

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread