The Button..CW or not?

3RINGER

Feb 1, 2009
Middle TN
Detector(s) used
GPX 4800, Blisstool V6, AT Pro, Makro Racer, CZ3D, XL PRO, Nokta Relic, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:icon_scratch:
This is the button I found the other day. I had to let it soak due to the stuff that was on it was as hard as a rock. When I started to clean it up I found that it was pulling off the platina in chunks so I stopped. still very hard. The other CW buttons I've found were much smaller so now I'm doubting my first asumption of CW.
Can anyone ID this button from the photo? It's a little larger than a quarter. Any help would really great, thanks and good luck in the field.

finishbutton.jpg

IMG_0003-----.jpg

Upvote 0

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Postwar... post-1900, in fact. It's a U.S. Army "Great Seal" general service button, c. 1902-present. This is the pattern which replaced the eagle general service buttons that were in use during the Civil War and Indian Wars.

OP
OP
3RINGER

3RINGER

Feb 1, 2009
Middle TN
Detector(s) used
GPX 4800, Blisstool V6, AT Pro, Makro Racer, CZ3D, XL PRO, Nokta Relic, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
PBX

man that was fast! your on top of your buttons for sure. thanks for the help! oohhh well back to the fields i guess, just means more diggin :thumbsup:

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Any time, 3ringer! Always glad to lend a hand when I can. :wink:

davidtn

Dec 14, 2005
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport, Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting