Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We finished up at the old schoolhouse site this week--didn't find much more except some buckles. So, we decided to drive further down into the big bottom(below the school and to the southeast), next to the creek and see if we could find anymore foundations. This whole area has been burned off and it is wonderful! You can see lots of places that looked like they were "terraced", a kinda series of levels rising one above the other, maybe for farming this bottom? I drew a map to show what it looks like(please don't make fun at my map drawing skills :-[). We found another house foundation, cellar hole, well and barn foundation!!!! These are about 1/2 mile from the school. You can stand at this house foundation and look up the hill and see where the school sat. The kids that lived here didn't have far to walk!!

We started detecting near the house foundation. We found 2 spoons, talcum powder tops, lids, a lantern part(C.T. Ham MFG. Co., Rochester N.Y., U.S.A., No. 2 17 & 20, Cold Blast)(anyone know a date on this?), a little brass tag? that has the number 116 on it, a pocket watch back, pocket knife, harmonica reeds, a round concho thingy? that is a dished out shaped, a piece of aluminum with a stamped floral design, a brass plate thing(maybe for a door lock?)(we thought at first it was a heel plate, but noticed the key hole on it), a part of a hotel token made of aluminum(this was found by my daughter and in the same hole as the door part, she also found a piece of a porcelain doll leg and buckle in this hole) and three other concho/horse bridle pieces. Next we moved out by the cellar, but nothing was found here except aluminum jar lids. So, out by the barn we went and began finding old plow pieces, a double bitted axe head, a pick axe head, and horse/mule shoes. There is a run-off draw or feeder creek that runs parallel with the barn and its banks are littered with pieces of old farming equipment. We stopped metal detecting and started walking along the banks of this little creek and I found an old wagon wheel!! It was half-way buried and we had to get the shovels to dig it up. Now I have another yard ornament! ;D
This is going to be another good place to detect! We haven't found any money, though :icon_scratch: and I don't know if we just haven't found the right spot or what! But this next week we'll be going back--the weather is supposed to be great and the temperature is going to be in the 70's/80's!! Here's the stuff we found and if anyone has info on what the "116" tag, round brass concho thingy, lantern part (date? of mfg.), or lock plate, please let me know! Anyway, here's my "treasures of darkness" and thanks for looking!!! sandcreek4

Attachments

• site #3.jpg
    site #3.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 1,335
  • P1050448.JPG
    P1050448.JPG
    141.4 KB · Views: 1,339
  • P1050430.JPG
    P1050430.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 1,327
  • P1050442.JPG
    P1050442.JPG
    159.5 KB · Views: 1,326
  • P1050456.JPG
    P1050456.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 1,311
  • P1050457.JPG
    P1050457.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 1,294
  • P1050459.JPG
    P1050459.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 1,316
  • P1050465.JPG
    P1050465.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 1,294
  • P1050464.JPG
    P1050464.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,298
  • P1050460.JPG
    P1050460.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 1,282
  • P1050468.JPG
    P1050468.JPG
    169.7 KB · Views: 1,287
  • P1050470.JPG
    P1050470.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 1,279
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lost at sea said:
awsome finds, that place will keep you busy for a while.
Thanks lost at sea! sandcreek4
Mr.Jody said:
WOW !...how deep are those cellar holes??
Pretty darn deep, let me tell ya!! :dontknow: I'm not going to get down in there to find out-no telling what kinda varmits are living in it!! And with the weather being so mild, there's probably SNAKES >:D. thank you for the comments, Mr. Jody! sandcreek4

CAgem

Mar 8, 2008
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac, Deus
What a great site! :o I suspect that you are going to have a lot of fun and many days of detecting on it. GOOD LUCK!

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stoney56 said:
index.php

Face plate and shank of a padlock.
Thanks stoney56 for that info--really appreciate it! sandcreek4
CAgem said:
What a great site! :o I suspect that you are going to have a lot of fun and many days of detecting on it. GOOD LUCK!
Thanks, CAgem for the comments! regards, sandcreek4

ok oil

Mar 22, 2008
great finds snd. cr. i'd hit that place hard. i hav'nt got to hunt this week but mabey next week. dave.

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dfx willy said:
looks like agreat spot bud. good luck on your future hunts there willy.
Thanks willy! sandcreek4
lairmo said:
Awesome finds...love the pics!!
Thanks lairmo! My daughter takes all the pics., she's putting together a scrapbook of the sites and of all our finds. sandcreek4
ok oil said:
great finds snd. cr. i'd hit that place hard. i hav'nt got to hunt this week but mabey next week. dave.
Thanks Dave(ok oil)! We plan on hitting the place pretty hard this next week! We've sure been blessed with good weather here in Okla. lately, huh?! sandcreek4

Dig This

Dec 26, 2005
western NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Nice finds....There is alot of land there could be a two day adventure money is bound to pop up. with the buildings and such looks like it was a pretty good size farm.

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Looks like you will be having lots of fun at that site. Nice finds.

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dig This said:
Nice finds....There is alot of land there could be a two day adventure money is bound to pop up. with the buildings and such looks like it was a pretty good size farm.
Thanks Dig This link! It may take us a while for sure to cover everything--it is a big farm/home place!!! kind regards, sandcreek4
wildcatman71 said:
That looks like a great place to hunt!!! :thumbsup:
Thanks wildcatman :thumbsup:~~~sandcreek4
HolyDiver said:
Looks like a fun hunt :thumbsup:
Thanks HolyDriver :wave:~~~~sandcreek4
cntrydncr1 said:
Looks like you will be having lots of fun at that site. Nice finds.
Thanks cntrydncr1 :toothy4:~~sandcreek4
allen said:
the 116 tag looks like some kind of animal tag...
way to go on those nice finds...
Thanks for that info on the tag, allen--I kinda thought the same thing. Although I did see a tag in another post that was for a "tool check". But since mine was found at a farm, its probably for an animal :thumbsup:~~~sandcreek4
tymcmurray said:
You had a great hunt!
Way to bring in the relics!
Thanks tymcmurray! I love finding old farm relics! Regards and have a great week~~~~sandcreek4

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread