"Silver Park" ~ 6 Silvers, 28 Wheats / "Home Site" ~ 0 Ag, 13 Wheats, Au, relics

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
"Silver Park" ~ 6 Silvers, 28 Wheats / "Home Site" ~ 0 Ag, 13 Wheats, Au, relics

Hello My Friends!

After a full day of detecting on Sunday at a giant home lot site, I drove home with one sure conclusion: Turf hunting always seems to be much more productive for me than lot hunting. :BangHead: I busted my behind yesterday for 13 wheats, a bunch of clad, and some marbles. It was fun to meet up with all of Leo's gang, while producer/cameraman, Jeff, was filming another episode of Finder's Keepers, a local cable TV detecting show. A couple of other keepers in my pouch at the end of the day was a broken 18 kt white gold bracelet (marked "750 Italy"), and a very large one piece flat button. The button has no markings on it. It's 1.5" in diameter, and is very thin. If anyone approximate a date of a button of this type, I'd appreciate it. One of my buddies said the button reminded him of some of the Colonial era flat buttons he was finding while in PA last year. If it is that old, I have no idea what it was doing in a 20's-30's neighborhood. :icon_scratch:

All the silver coinage, including 28 wheaties were found at my silver park in two short hunts. Today, all 4 of my silver coins that I found had another target in the hole with them. The '60 Washington was found with two 1960 memorial pennies in my plug at around 7". The two 1957 Rosies were found in the same plug with a 1954 nickel in the dirt on a hillside, and the final '57 Rosie was found next to a ringtab. All the coinage I found today came from an area that I had detected 3-4 times before with my 1050 coil last year. It's a very trashy area, and the Pro Coil performed very well today. :occasion18:

So if you ask me where I'd rather be detecting, I would answer "The turf, of course"! :headbang: I forgot to mention that with today's silver coins from my "silver park", I currently have found over 200 silver coins from this single park in the past 14 months....still producing, and I couldn't be more pleased! :blob1:

I would like to personally than Bob Crompton (Bullfrog) for sharing and inviting me to the giant home lot site and getting a chance to detect the area on Sunday with a bunch of S. Cal pros. Great camaraderie! :thumbsup:

Thanks for looking!
Keep The Passion High!

CAPTN SE
Dan

Attachments

• IMG_3369_sm.jpg
    IMG_3369_sm.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 792
  • IMG_3370_sm.jpg
    IMG_3370_sm.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 801
Upvote 0
S

seger98

Re: "Silver Park" ~ 6 Silvers, 28 Wheats / "Home Site" ~ 0 Ag, 13 Wheats, Au, relics

Wow, over 200 silver coins from a single park, how big is this park? I've got one boy scout camp that I've gotten about a 125 from, but that covers like 40 acres!

Jerry1NJ

Oct 23, 2008
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray pinpointer, Minelab CTX3030
Re: "Silver Park" ~ 6 Silvers, 28 Wheats / "Home Site" ~ 0 Ag, 13 Wheats, Au, relics

Great finds!!!! :thumbsup:

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Another amazing post, Dan! :icon_pirat: And I'm still looking for my silver park. :P :D

Way to go! Nana :)

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark

Looks like you had an awesome day! :) I still can't believe that you are getting silver! :) Its always a joy to see the silver that you guys get down there! Keep on hunting! Maybe you will find a gold coin one day! :)

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

you California guys always find the good stuff :thumbsup:

S

seger98

Mr. Pappagiorgio said:
seger98 said:
Wow, over 200 silver coins from a single park, how big is this park? I've got one boy scout camp that I've gotten about a 125 from, but that covers like 40 acres!

Dan is the only person in the world that is a SILVER MAGNET ...

He makes 2000 leagues under the sea look like junior achievement ...

He could finace the stimulus package with all the silver he finds ...

~ Nick ~

A silver magnet he is!

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.

You're doing real good there, Captn. Always enjoy your posts, especially your pretty silvers.

Bob

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac

Dan, you are doing very well, I can imagine what you would do in some of the old trash filled parks here in NJ. Very nice finds.
Marty

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I love it when I find marbles, probably a lot more out there.

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice load again Dan. I bet you pull another 100 silver out of that park in the next couple of years :thumbsup:
It's supposed to be near 60 degrees here on Fri...Sat...and Sunday...yippee :wink:

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1

Only 28 wheats this time ?? You musta been taking it easy out there.

Great hunt there Dan! Love the "Bead blasted" looking silver.

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
Re: "Silver Park" ~ 6 Silvers, 28 Wheats / "Home Site" ~ 0 Ag, 13 Wheats, Au, re

Very nice haul!! Those are some satisfying hunts. WTG!!

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congratulations of a fine hunt Dan....... :thumbsup:
The sheet numbers of silver and wheat coins you recover
leave me wondering if the people down there were so rich
that they just lost coins for fun, or they had holes in their pockets!!! ;D
Either way, keep digging them and posting the finds.
Gold Nuggets :icon_jokercolor:

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+
Re: "Silver Park" ~ 6 Silvers, 28 Wheats / "Home Site" ~ 0 Ag, 13 Wheats, Au, re

You are still 'da man, Dan! Nice set of finds!

Ray

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023

Nice handfull of goodies! Shinies to boot!

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra

That's alot of silver to find in one Park my friend. Good pictures.
Chris

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE

Way to go. Super nice finds as always. The flat button does look Colonial.
Dman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread