More Arrowheads

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
White's Spec. XLT..... My Eyes
Here are quite possibly my favorite thing to find when i'm out hunting in the field. I like to call them Birdpoints. They are tiny. It amazes me that they knapped these out of flint with such precision and did not break the little things. I put a dime in the middle of them to give you some sort of Idea as to how small they are. Thanks for looking again!

HH

Steven

Attachments

• Resized_DSC00095.jpg
    Resized_DSC00095.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 270
Upvote 0

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are nice, I have a couple that are similar to the one on the bottom left of your pic.

OP
OP
Johnny X

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
White's Spec. XLT..... My Eyes
Keep your eyes on the ground Alan!

The whole ones are out there! I have a ton of "Heartbreakers" as badandy likes to call them, boxes full of broken points. but I keep every one of them to see if I can't piece one of them together in the event that I get lucky enough to find both pieces.

HH

Steven

paleoheadhunter

Sep 24, 2005
I've been hunting arrowheads for a few years now.I usually drive up to North FL.Alachua co.area.Anyway a friend of mine and I were diving the suwanee river a few years ago,when he found this screamer Newnan base paper thin would've been G10 if it was whole.About 6-8 months later we were at the same spot when he pulled this paper thin tip about 2 inches long.As we were driving home he kept looking at it saying he thought that he had the base>Of course I was sceptical.When we got home he ran straight in the house got the screamer base,put the two together and,BANG a g10 newnan with a barely visible hair line through the center.I never thought it was possible,but it happens!I'll get in touch with him and see if he will send me a picture..HH GL NATE

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Johnny X, Thats a good idea, I will try to post them soon. Also, I did find a spear point recently while detecting. I will try to get a pic of it at the same time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread