DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first trip out with my new Minelab SE was an eye opener. I was used to the Ace 250 and had a big knife to dig with. I got out in my yard (1922 farm house yard) with the SE and soon found out that I was going to be digging deeper than I could with my knife. I drug out the shovel after a couple of holes. Some parts of my yard has been filled in to level it and there's stuff over a foot deep. The only real interesting thing I found was about 10 inches deep and came in loud and as what I thought was a silver dollar signal. It was showing 00-30 on the digital screen. It's going to be a chore to learn the SE it but I am having a ball. Here's what I found. I think it may be a metal wheel off a toy of some sort.??? It weighs almost 3 ounces.

Attachments

• IMG_7562.JPG
    IMG_7562.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 779
  • IMG_7564.JPG
    IMG_7564.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 774
Upvote 0

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Over the River and thru the Woods...
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro
Glad you got out with it bud! That thing looks like those crazy spinning tops(?) that used to go up and down the metal rail that you held in your hand. Anyone remember what the he#* I'm talking about... ;D

Congrats DL... :thumbsup:

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the new detector, and the finds.

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
nice job on the find! Yeah, It sure takes awhile to learn the SE! In fact, I am still learning my SE! :) Have fun with the new detector! It does a great job cleaning up at old spots! It gets those deepies like theres no tommorow! :)

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
pronghorn said:
broken vintage gyroscope toy, yup :thumbsup:

i remember those :o.................does that make me vintage?

OP
OP
DANGLANGLEY

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DD-777 said:
I should have told you - if you start smelling egg foo yung, your diggin' too deep... :wink: :D

LOL, I wondered what that was. Thanks buddy

DANGLANGLEY

OP
OP
DANGLANGLEY

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was a fast identification. After I saw the pic of it I remembered it, lol... Thanks for all of the replies

DANGLANGLEY

homer007

Jan 11, 2008
BAIBRIDGE GA
Detector(s) used
WHITE PI PRO, TIGER SHARK,TESORO DELEON/XLT® E-Series Metal Detector. Whites PI Pro Detector
THAS WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE . I HAD ONE LIKE THAT ONE
DD-777 said:
Glad you got out with it bud! That thing looks like those crazy spinning tops(?) that used to go up and down the metal rail that you held in your hand. Anyone remember what the he#* I'm talking about... ;D

Congrats DL... :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread