crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good evening everyone. It's been a tough 09 and a cold one here in Ohio. Jan 16 my son lost his house. Then, my wife had to leave unexpectedly to fly overseas because my mother in law is not doing well. She is 88. She will be gone 2 months. Expense after expense :-[ Since I am a home owner and an independent truck driver I really have my hands full. I just returned from a 7 week trip and logged over 7000 miles. Glad to be home. My son and daughter in law will be moving out within a few weeks to start a new life, again. Thanks to everyone who gave me moral support and donations as it was not necessary but greatly appreciated.

Anyway, I had to get out as it has been a while. The wether here will be 70 Sat. The ground is thawed and prime from detecting. My first hunt of the year was not to impressive. 1 1950 wheatie, a 1960, and a 62. , a church medallion of some kind, a harmonic reed, and a ford something ??? I have a lot of places lined up I just have to get permission. My old places are nearly hunted out. Time to move on to some virgin ground

Thanks for looking and Happy hunting Ron

Fire are Ugly and a killer. BE CAREFULL

008.jpg

010.jpg

001-4.jpg

068.jpg

069.jpg

070.jpg

071.jpg

072.jpg

073.jpg

Upvote 0

Kiwijohn

Dec 10, 2008
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Excalibur 1000 Garrett Pro Pointer
By the look of the hex on the end of the piece, it looks like a 20's hubcap.

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Glad you're back, buddy! Good to see you out hunting again! :thumbsup: :wink:

Nice finds, too. I dug one of those too, LOL.

Attachments

• Ford.jpg
    Ford.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 721
S

seger98

Hey Ron, glad to see you are back at home! Get out and enjoy the weather this weekend, the best to you son & daughter in law & to your mother in law as well. Hope the rest of the year goes alot better for you! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
seger98 said:
Hey Ron, glad to see you are back at home! Get out and enjoy the weather this weekend, the best to you son & daughter in law & to your mother in law as well. Hope the rest of the year goes alot better for you! :thumbsup:

Thanks Chris. I'm going out sat too. Hope I can find some goodies. The bad weather followed me to Texas, Florida and then California. I come home and guess what? Freakin 7 degrees and cold for a week. I can't escape the grips of this old man winter. Snow in Atlanta ???

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
i also found one of those ford hubcaps last year but i didnt know it was that old. thanx. willy.

muleskinner

Aug 8, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab, tesoro
Hope you get out there soon, it's good therapy. I finally made it out tonight, and I'm bushed. Didn't find much but had a blast.
Hope this year will be a better one for you.

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
Nice hunt crazy!

Hope all gets back to normal soon for ya! Lord only knows why things happen, but they often find a way to right themselves. Its that part in between that sucks!

P

Pentico

Good diggings you got there! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Glad you home and out digging again.
Good stuff is on the way to you and your family!

Gods speed!

DN

kdismuke1

Silver Member
Jun 14, 2007
georgia
Detector(s) used
garrett 1500-ace 250-garrett ads groudhog deepseeker
GREAT TO HAVE YOU BACK. HOPE YOUR PROBLEMS GO AWAY. BEST OF LUCK KYLE. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Kyle and other comments. I even feel "rusty". But down inside I know things will improve :icon_sunny:

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
Glad to see you getting out again Ron. Now put 7000 miles on that detector. ;D
Randy

Golden1

Bronze Member
May 2, 2008
Pittsfield ma
Detector(s) used
Whites PRIZM IV,Whites M-6
Sweet finds Ron :thumbsup:
Glad to have you back ;D
And I sure hope things get better for you and the family :wink:

Keep swinging!
G1

Pudsbrat

Aug 21, 2004
Mena Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,Garrett ProPointer....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to see you out and about again...sorry to hear about your son and daughter in laws fire....cannot even imagine how that has to hurt....they say God only puts on you what you can bear but sometimes it seems to be way more than that...but at least they have each other and their health...I know that doesnt replace all of the irreplaceable material things but at least they are alive and can start over..maybe even be better off in the long run....see ya later...... :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions